Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Why SON of Beast? Why not Old Hag Beast?

Why SON of Beast? Why not Old Hag Beast?

Alan Jacyszyn

Posted:
4/27/00 at
11:32:19 AM

If I am correct, why would a bigger and "better" (we will have to see, I havnt ridden either) be considered a son to the beast? Shouldt they at least switch the names around or something?

I dunno, just doesnt make sense to me, maby cuz I am not smart? ;-)

Alan "Are you calling me Son of a Beast?" Jacyszyn

User Submitted Picture

The Thrill Seekers Guide

Why it is SOB by Kevin Reid at 4/27/00 12:26:23 PM

Allan, Predator only gives you a small sample of Dinn. Once you ride the Beast you will understand what all the hype is over that Beast. It is only fitting that a coaster that will steal Beast's thunder be its own son.

Come to PKI and experience some Paramount treatment. You will not be disappointed.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Our First Beast Ride 09/98 User Submitted Picture

PCW Junkies On Ride Photos of Fear

Re: Why SON of Beast? Why not Old Hag Beast? by PKI Buckeye at 4/27/00 1:38:44 PM

> If I am correct, why would a bigger and
> "better" (we will have to see, I
> havnt ridden either) be considered a son to
> the beast? Shouldt they at least switch the
> names around or something? I dunno, just
> doesnt make sense to me, maby cuz I am not
> smart? ;-)

LOL! I think the name choice is good because kids are "usually" bigger than their parents. Check out The Beastie- a little tike. Then his father, The Beast, was born and WOW, he was much bigger. Finally, SOB is born and he's simply huge. Just how grandparents seem to be shorter than their kids, who are shorter (usually) than their kids. Okay, I've thought about this WAY too much... I'll stop now. :)

PKI Buckeye- SOB for 2000

Re: It's pretty simple.. by Jman at 4/27/00 2:41:26 PM

SOB is younger, therefore, the Beast is its "father." It would be absolutely stupid to have a new coaster be "Father of Beast" or something. It has nothing to do with size...it's that SOB is coming out a generation after Beast. (Generation= approx 20 years)

Jman

Or Daughter of Beast! by Schrecken Schrecken Profile at 4/27/00 2:46:15 PM

> If I am correct, why would a bigger and
> "better" (we will have to see, I
> havnt ridden either) be considered a son to
> the beast? Shouldt they at least switch the
> names around or something? I dunno, just
> doesnt make sense to me, maby cuz I am not
> smart? ;-) Alan "Are you calling me
> Son of a Beast?" Jacyszyn

For the sake of argument, how about DOB? If boats can be called "she", why not coasters?

Why Son Of Oneal Saquail Oneal, Father is smaller by OhioMike at 4/27/00 3:48:06 PM

So I guess Lenix Luise, Shaq, even me, Had all bigger fathers??????? Some jealus idiot always has something to say about the Best family. And in Ohio again, like always. It will be the best, Beast is the best CP voted best park, by some orginazation. Also by public. SOB could CNDIADTE for ride of the year.

I can hear the loud cry in the dark, and see it standing from miles away, in the morning light. Like a freakinsh King Kong. It crys, The Son has awoken BAMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!