Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > How many usuable undeveloped acres is left at VF??

How many usuable undeveloped acres is left at VF??

PINK FLOYD FANATIC

Posted:
4/22/00 at
1:01:31 AM

I was at Valleyfair today to get my season pass processed! I turns out they were closed for Good Friday! Anyway I found some mechanics and aske them if a woodie would be in the park's future and they said that there isn't enough land to put one in! I asked how much was left that can be used and they said about 10 acres but what about the land by the dorms? Can't they move the offices and warehouses by the dorms or extend the parking lot that way and use some of the existing parking lot! I sure hope they have enough space for at least 3 more major(100-150 foot tall) coasters and additional space for other types of rides too! The only thing VF lacks on my wish list is a good airtimed filled woodie like Shivering Timbers! At least we got our freefall(or drop) type ride! Now give me a world class airtime woodie as your next coaster!!

PFF

PFF

Re: 75, but.... by CoastaPlaya at 4/23/00 1:14:02 AM

> I was at Valleyfair today to get my season
> pass processed! I turns out they were closed
> for Good Friday! Anyway I found some
> mechanics and aske them if a woodie would be
> in the park's future and they said that
> there isn't enough land to put one in! I
> asked how much was left that can be used and
> they said about 10 acres but what about the
> land by the dorms? Can't they move the
> offices and warehouses by the dorms or
> extend the parking lot that way and use some
> of the existing parking lot! I sure hope
> they have enough space for at least 3 more
> major(100-150 foot tall) coasters and
> additional space for other types of rides
> too! The only thing VF lacks on my wish list
> is a good airtimed filled woodie like
> Shivering Timbers! At least we got our
> freefall(or drop) type ride! Now give me a
> world class airtime woodie as your next
> coaster!! PFF PFF

....most of it seems to be in the huge gap between the parking lot and the employee dorms. There probably is only 10 acres without making some major changes (relocating offices, parking lots, etc).

The problem with a woodie is that there really ISN'T much land that wouldn't be submerged should the river flood again in the present park area (as was Excalibur last time around) unless they were to build in the overflow parking lot.

Did you see PT going through its paces while you were there? It was running empty in the AM and ealry afternoon. If all goes well, people will be riding (park personnel, of course) by Wednesday.

-CPlaya