Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > TR: SFStL 4/21 (long)

TR: SFStL 4/21 (long)

Brad Brad Profile

Posted:
4/21/00 at
10:30:32 PM

Well, my friend and I got to the park about 11:30, and it was COLD!! Also very windy. But within the hour the clouds were gone and it was about 70 in the afternoon. The weather in St.Louis is always crazy like that! I guess the bad morning kept people away. The place was DEAD!!! Everything was open (except the Boss), and all the coasters were running at full capacity, so virtually everything was a walk-on all day! At 2:00 I met up with "Raze_Fan" and we rode together for most of the day.

Batman is (until May 5th) still the best ride in the park, it's still performing flawlessly! By the evening, the loading platform was LITERALLY EMPTY!! We even got 3 consecutive rides right before it closed for the evening! The ride ops were really nice and let us stay on. Already on opening day, there was trash in the Queue area. I really hope it dosen't wind up like it did last year, it was awefull last year.

Ninja is still Ninja. Slow and painfull. It seems worse this year. I have big shoulders and those restraints don't agree with me! But there was NO line so we rode it twice without getting off! Hey, I love the corkscrew, even if it hurts!

Screamin' Eagle was almost too much for me to bare, it was SO ROUGH. My back really does hurt tonight. I don't know what they did over the winter, but it's gotten worse. The ride ops were also SO rude! They would not allow us a re-ride and there was not a single person in any of the stalls!

Mr.Freeze has head pads on the restraints. They really help the ride a ton. It's much more tolerable! The only bad side is that they are rather large and kind of swallow your head!

We also rode the Mine train 3 times without getting off, it's still a fun little ride. Got in two trips on the Log Flume, and got a little wet. All in all it was a great day! But, not being able to ride The Boss was pure torture!! Oh well, only two more weeks!

Next weekend; SFGAm and Raging Bull!! YEAH!!

Brad

Re: TR: SFStL 4/21 (long) by I'm offended at 4/21/00 11:35:40 PM

. The ride ops
> were also SO rude! They would not allow us a
> re-ride and there was not a single person in
> any of the stalls!

Regardless of whether or not you got consecutive rides on other coasters in the park, the Eagle crew was following the rules. We are not permitted to give riders more than one ride unless they have a handicap pass. Please do not call my friends that work at Eagle rude just because they were doing their job. It is not their fault that ride ops in other areas on other rides broke the rules by letting you stay on.

And by the way, Castaway and Go-Karts were closed, as well as the boss, so not EVERYTHING besides the Boss was open...just to clarify.

uummm...they WERE rude! by Brad Brad Profile at 4/22/00 12:09:00 AM

Well, I'm sorry I made you so mad. Can you be a little more picky next time, I THINK NOT! Sorry I'm SO STUPID and forgot to mention Castaway Kids and the Go-Carts. And that WAS rude of the ride ops. If I'm working the express lane at The Wal-Mart where I'm a cashier, and the place is dead, I'll take somebody with more than 12 items. And that is against the rules, I "technically" could get written up for it. It's a little something called good GUEST (OR CUSTOMER) RELATIONS!! Where do you work in the park anyway?? I'm just curious. Brad

> . The ride ops Regardless of whether or not
> you got consecutive rides on other coasters
> in the park, the Eagle crew was following
> the rules. We are not permitted to give
> riders more than one ride unless they have a
> handicap pass. Please do not call my friends
> that work at Eagle rude just because they
> were doing their job. It is not their fault
> that ride ops in other areas on other rides
> broke the rules by letting you stay on. And
> by the way, Castaway and Go-Karts were
> closed, as well as the boss, so not
> EVERYTHING besides the Boss was open...just
> to clarify.

Re: About the no-reride policy! by PINK FLOYD FANATIC at 4/22/00 12:48:28 AM

> Well, I'm sorry I made you so mad. Can you
> be a little more picky next time, I THINK
> NOT! Sorry I'm SO STUPID and forgot to
> mention Castaway Kids and the Go-Carts. And
> that WAS rude of the ride ops. If I'm
> working the express lane at The Wal-Mart
> where I'm a cashier, and the place is dead,
> I'll take somebody with more than 12 items.
> And that is against the rules, I
> "technically" could get written up
> for it. It's a little something called good
> GUEST (OR CUSTOMER) RELATIONS!! Where do you
> work in the park anyway?? I'm just curious.
> Brad

That is the first park besides my local park (Valleyfair) that has such a STUPID policy! I think the park just wants to run their woodies as little as they can get awawy with to save costs! It doesn't make sense! SFKK and SFGAm operators were kind enough to let you stay on if NO ONE was waiting in your queue!! Big Chief has that policy I think because its both pay as you ride with tokens and a wristband but in a POP only price such a policy is NOT understandable and unfair! If a park wants accurate counts from the turnstiles WHY can't they give the operators hand counter for rerides??

PFF

PFF

PFF

Re: TR: SFStL 4/21 (long) by BRIANDEW1 at 4/22/00 10:18:34 AM

Well I got thair at 9:40 and only to find out that the boss was not runing and I was told that it will open on may 5. that is bad news to me becuse am working at cedarpoint this year and I start work on april 30th and it look like I will not ride the boss untill sep. when I come back form cp but the good new I will ride MF before cp open on may 14

The day at sf stl was good but cold my first ride of 2000 was the bat man and it was a cold ride

One ? I have why is that the new train for the boss wont work but then the put the train form the sreming eagel work.

Re: uummm...they WERE rude! by mchellin at 4/22/00 7:44:28 PM

> Well, I'm sorry I made you so mad. Can you
> be a little more picky next time, I THINK
> NOT! Sorry I'm SO STUPID and forgot to
> mention Castaway Kids and the Go-Carts. And
> that WAS rude of the ride ops. If I'm
> working the express lane at The Wal-Mart
> where I'm a cashier, and the place is dead,
> I'll take somebody with more than 12 items.
> And that is against the rules, I
> "technically" could get written up
> for it. It's a little something called good
> GUEST (OR CUSTOMER) RELATIONS!! Where do you
> work in the park anyway?? I'm just curious.
> Brad

Okay, let's keep the punches above the belt. I did not get angry about what you said. I was just tryint to let you see things from the ops point of view. And I NEVER called you stupid, just wanted to clarify to people reading your post that karts (due to the Boss) isn't open, and that castaway isn't open (and probably won't be open for quite some time). Taking 14 items through an express lane, is a little different than letting someone have a "re-ride." You got lucky to get re-rides on any ride in the park. The Screamin' Eagle staff was following the rules. That's all I wanted to state. How is doing their job rude? That's all I wanted to point out to you. I have worked Eagle, and we never let people re-ride. It's not allowed. If you go to parks like Cedar Point, Kings Island, Busch Garden, IOA, Disney, or even Kennywood, you'll see that they have the SAME policy. I'm sure many other parks do, too, but those are the only ones I have personal experience with.

I have worked Eagle, and I am trained there this year, also. I wouldn't have let you re-ride either. There are many new-hires this year, probably more than re-hires. And if their sups knew that you'd gotten re-rides, they probably wouldn't be very happy. It is policy. No one should be called RUDE for following the rules and doing their job. Just because you don't like the policy and because you experienced the policy being bent, doesn't mean they were wrong. And that is exactly WHY the policy is there in the first place. If a guest gets it once, they expect it everywhere. I'm just explaining, you asked. They were doing their job.

Re: uummm...they WERE rude! by Brad Brad Profile at 4/23/00 1:39:57 AM

Sorry if I seemed mean. I didn't intend for it to be. Anyway, I still must disagree on the re-rides. It IS like the express lane rule becuase it's a rule that dosen't NEED to be enforced if no one else is wating. Making somebody walk all the way back up the entrance is VERY rude, BUT ONLY if nobody is waiting (like Friday). To me, it's all a matter of Geust Relations. Also, the ride operator who gave us the 3 consecutive rides on River King Mine Train was there last year, I remember him. His name is Brian. Again, it's all just my opinion! C-ya Brad

Okay, let's keep the punches above the belt. I
> did not get angry about what you said. I was
> just tryint to let you see things from the
> ops point of view. And I NEVER called you
> stupid, just wanted to clarify to people
> reading your post that karts (due to the
> Boss) isn't open, and that castaway isn't
> open (and probably won't be open for quite
> some time). Taking 14 items through an
> express lane, is a little different than
> letting someone have a "re-ride."
> You got lucky to get re-rides on any ride in
> the park. The Screamin' Eagle staff was
> following the rules. That's all I wanted to
> state. How is doing their job rude? That's
> all I wanted to point out to you. I have
> worked Eagle, and we never let people
> re-ride. It's not allowed. If you go to
> parks like Cedar Point, Kings Island, Busch
> Garden, IOA, Disney, or even Kennywood,
> you'll see that they have the SAME policy.
> I'm sure many other parks do, too, but those
> are the only ones I have personal experience
> with. I have worked Eagle, and I am trained
> there this year, also. I wouldn't have let
> you re-ride either. There are many new-hires
> this year, probably more than re-hires. And
> if their sups knew that you'd gotten
> re-rides, they probably wouldn't be very
> happy. It is policy. No one should be called
> RUDE for following the rules and doing their
> job. Just because you don't like the policy
> and because you experienced the policy being