Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > B&M 2001 - Speedcoaster Returns?

B&M 2001 - Speedcoaster Returns?

KMAN KMAN Profile

Posted:
4/19/00 at
12:45:55 AM

Well, 2000 is well under way. Not even all of the coasters are running yet, but there's only one thing for us greedy riders - what's coming next year! ;-)?

2000 showed that there is a limit to how many coasters B&M (or any manufacturer)can do in a year. I can't see another floorless bonanza happening again next year. I can see maybe one or two and definitely see a dive machine coming stateside next year. But, I think next year will mark the return of the B&M speedcoaster(hyper). There is still a need for a large air laden coaster at many parks and I think B&M will fill it for several. Also, is it a little too early to look for a new technology or car modification? With the dive machine almost certainly coming here next year, I don't see a new format or car type coming until 2002.

Who can say? It's only a matter of time before B&M comes out with a flying coaster of its own or something else. What is everyone's thoughts? Can Jeff - any news to report? -K

Re: B&M 2001 - Speedcoaster Returns? by Coasterdude at 4/19/00 12:53:36 AM

I think next year may be a very slow year. Most of the major parks got big things this year. The only major parks I see definately getting a new coaster next year are Kings Dominion, Busch Gardens (Tampa and Williamsburg), Knott's Berry Farm, and Kennywood. I really doubt Cedar Point, Kings Island, Hershey Park, Magic Mountian...etc, will get anything big in 2001, although you never know. Just a thought.

Coasterdude

Re: B&M 2001 - Speedcoaster Returns? by Jersey Joe at 4/19/00 1:27:54 AM

> I think next year may be a very slow year.
> Most of the major parks got big things this
> year. The only major parks I see definately
> getting a new coaster next year are Kings
> Dominion, Busch Gardens (Tampa and
> Williamsburg), Knott's Berry Farm, and
> Kennywood. I really doubt Cedar Point, Kings
> Island, Hershey Park, Magic Mountian...etc,
> will get anything big in 2001, although you
> never know. Just a thought. Coasterdude

I would agree with that and say the other parks to add major coasters in 2001 "COULD BE" SFGAdv, SFDL, and PCW.

Jersey Joe

Jersey Joe's Coaster Pages

Re: B&M 2001 - Speedcoaster Returns? by MrDan at 4/19/00 1:44:24 AM

> I would agree with that and say the other parks
> to add major coasters in 2001 "COULD
> BE" SFGAdv, SFDL, and PCW. Jersey Joe

What about SFGAm and the various Disney park rumors?

dan

Re: B&M 2001 - Speedcoaster Returns? by Jersey Joe at 4/19/00 1:46:09 AM

What about SFGAm and the various Disney park
> rumors? dan

Yes, good possibilities also. Also, it wouldn't surprise me to see IOA add something in 2001.

Jersey Joe

Jersey Joe's Coaster Pages

Re: B&M 2001 - Speedcoaster Returns? by Cal at 4/19/00 5:34:50 AM

There will probably be something big in Britain. This year has been terrible for the UK - the only major "new" coaster is Magnum Force, the Schwarzkopf travelling coaster (formerly Dreier Looping) which has been bought by Flamingoland in Yorkshire. Other than that, all the big rides added have been non-coaster. Hopefully Thorpe Park, just outside London, is getting a B&M next year - I've heard rumours of an inverter but it could be a floorless maybe - and Fantasy Island should have their Odyssey 2001 coaster. Fingers crossed all round!

Cal

Re: Cal.... by sparky sparky Profile at 4/19/00 9:20:19 AM

> There will probably be something big in
> Britain. This year has been terrible for the
> UK - the only major "new" coaster
> is Magnum Force, the Schwarzkopf travelling
> coaster (formerly Dreier Looping) which has
> been bought by Flamingoland in Yorkshire.
> Other than that, all the big rides added
> have been non-coaster. Hopefully Thorpe
> Park, just outside London, is getting a B&M
> next year - I've heard rumours of an
> inverter but it could be a floorless maybe -
> and Fantasy Island should have their Odyssey
> 2001 coaster. Fingers crossed all round!
> Cal

Just wondering if you have been to Drayton Manor yet this season to do the stand up Intamin giant drop. To me, the uniqueness and vulnerability of the rider position just gives me goose bumps- a 180 ft drop standing up while leaning forward just sounds intense- hopefully the US will see one soon somewhere near Jackson, NJ in 2001.

-sparky

Re: B&M 2001 - Speedcoaster Returns? by Jono at 4/19/00 2:51:56 PM

> I really doubt Cedar Point, Kings
> Island, Hershey Park, Magic Mountian...etc,

Maybe except 2001 is Magic Mountain's 30th anaversary(sp?) so they will most likeley something big