Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Hersheypark's FIRST Spring Preview Weekend Lineup

Hersheypark's FIRST Spring Preview Weekend Lineup

sparky sparky Profile

Posted:
4/19/00 at
12:15:42 AM

Ok, the scoop from the park's office is that Carrousel Circle, Comet Hollow, Minetown, Music Box Way, and Pioneer Frontier will all be open for Hersheypark's first ever Preview Spring Weekend. The park will be open from noon-9 on Friday and Saturday, and noon-6 on Sunday (check me on the hours, but I'm pretty certain).

Thus, it doesn't look as if Wildcat or Wild Mouse will be open. Also, no water rides will be open, so Tidal Force, Canyon River Rapids, Frontier Chute Out, and Coal Cracker will still be sleeping. Admission is free, or for only 15 bucks, you can ride Comet, Sooperdooperlooper, Great Bear, Trailblazer, and Sidewinder all day.

If this weekend proves to be successful, the park will SERIOUSLY be looking to extend its season and open for weekend operation in mid April starting in 2001. If their halloween event grows in popularity at its current rate, hopefully, the entire park will remain open through October eventually as well.

I will be at Hershey on Saturday- anyone else interested?

-sparky

Re: Hersheypark's FIRST Spring Preview Weekend Lin by PA at 4/19/00 12:36:11 PM

> Ok, the scoop from the park's office is that
> Carrousel Circle, Comet Hollow, Minetown,
> Music Box Way, and Pioneer Frontier will all
> be open for Hersheypark's first ever Preview
> Spring Weekend.

This is curious, as the entire park was open last week-end for a private party. Wildcat, Wild Mouse, indeed the entire Midway section (even Lightning Racer, though not open to the GP) was up and running. I'm not sure what they're planning, but you *may* get a bonus if the entire park is indeed open!

-PA