Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Dorney 2001 and a question about CS.

Dorney 2001 and a question about CS.

Raptor Timmy

Posted:
4/18/00 at
8:45:32 PM

Is Dorney's 2001 B&M a go? I sure hope so,it would be great for that park. Also will the Camp Snoopy area have many of the same rides as CP's. And will they put in any adult rides likew the Tilt-a-Whirl in Cedar Point's CS

Re: Dorney 2001 and a question about CS. by sparky sparky Profile at 4/19/00 12:06:19 PM

> Is Dorney's 2001 B&M a go? I sure hope so,it
> would be great for that park. Also will the
> Camp Snoopy area have many of the same rides
> as CP's. And will they put in any adult
> rides likew the Tilt-a-Whirl in Cedar
> Point's CS

Dorney's Camp Snoopy will be consisting of four Zamperla rides (Crazy Bus, Lolli Swing, Mini Ferris Wheel, and Family Coaster)- each with adult capacity. The frog hopper from S&S Sports has adult capacity for VERY thin adults, and the two rides from Moser rides also have adult capacity. Dorney is not adding any large rides like a Tilt, just the seven small family rides. Dorney has a vintage Tilt A Whirl that dates from earlier management. It was converted to electric sometime within the past few years.

-sparky

Re: Dorney 2001 and a question about CS. by Allentowner at 4/19/00 3:50:55 PM

> Is Dorney's 2001 B&M a go? I sure hope so,it
> would be great for that park. Also will the
> Camp Snoopy area have many of the same rides
> as CP's. And will they put in any adult
> rides likew the Tilt-a-Whirl in Cedar
> Point's CS

Dorney's Camp Snoopy will consist of 9 rides. The Camp Bus, Charlie Brown's Swing, The Flying Ace, The Little Convoy, Snoopy Bounce, The Wagon Wheel, Whirly Birds, Woodstock's Airmail, and of course...Woodstock's Express. Here are some descriptions of each...

CAMP SNOOPY - CAMP BUS Kids can join the PEANUTS characters aboard this giant yellow bus and take a wild ride as it moves up, down, clockwise and counter-clockwise in vertical rotation.

CAMP SNOOPY - CHARLIE BROWN'S SWING Riders will enjoy swinging around and around as they watch "the little round-headed kid" try to pitch a strike-out. Suspended seats swing in a horizontal motion while a slight tilt gives the sensation of riding a rotating wave.

CAMP SNOOPY - FLYING ACE Join the World War I Flying Ace as he soars through the air aboard his famous Sopwith Camel bi-plane. This giant airplane swings back and forth in a pendulum motion, taking riders high into the air.

CAMP SNOOPY - LITTLE CONVOY Children pretend to pilot free-wheeling monster trucks through Camp Snoopy as they roll along a winding track.

CAMP SNOOPY - SNOOPY BOUNCE Kids can jump and play inside Snoopy Bounce, an enclosed air mattress crowned by a giant inflated Snoopy.

CAMP SNOOPY - WAGON WHEEL The Wagon Wheel is a miniature Ferris Wheel featuring eight "chuck wagons." Families can get a "bird's eye view" of Camp Snoopy as the wagons rotate through the sky.

CAMP SNOOPY - WHIRLY BIRDS This children's spinning ride features colorful helicopters chasing each other as they rotate horizontally through the air. Children can vary the heights of their helicopters by pulling back and forth on the control arm.

CAMP SNOOPY - WOODSTOCK'S AIRMAIL Special Delivery! Woodstock has a message for Snoopy and kids can go along for the ride. Passengers on this miniature tower ride are elevated 8 feet into the sky, then bounce on a cushion of compressed air to the ground.

CAMP SNOOPY - WOODSTOCK'S EXPRESS Kids will find new excitement on Woodstock's Express, Dorney Park's third roller coaster built especially for kids. Woodstock leads a train of mine cars over miniature hills and turns on this little thriller.

Dorney Park Website