Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Please help me fill in the Blanks.......

Please help me fill in the Blanks.......

Rob

Posted:
4/18/00 at
7:21:51 PM

Hey All,

I am hoping that those of you who live the vicinity of the following parks or those of you that have traveled to the following parks in the past will be able to help me "fill in the blanks." Also,any tips,tricks,advice,reccomendations, or side trips I'd be able to take will be greatly appreciated.Thanks for your time and help!

Trip to the Heartland 2000: ==================== OBJECTIVE: To Ride 28 Coasters at 9 Different Parks in 5 Different States in 6 Days... ------------------ **Day 1. Six Flags Great America. Gurnee,Illinois Coasters: 8 Admission: Free Six Flags Season Pass Parking: Free Six Flags Parking Pass Park Hours-June 1/2 10am-9pm,1/2 10am-10pm July 10am-10pm Reccomended Accomodations: Extended Stay America Restaurants: Steak N Shake Directions:Six Flags Great America is located midway between Chicago and Milwaukee From Chicago: Take I-94 or I-294 West. Exit Grand Ave. (Rt. 132) East in Gurnee, Illinois. Six Flags is located immediately on the right. Approx. driving time: 45 minutes

**Day 2.Little A-Merrick-A.Marshall,WI Coasters:3 Admission: Free (Rides POP...) Parking: Free Park Hours: Noon-6 pm Reccomended Accomodations:___________? Nearby Restaurants:________? Directions:. Marshall is a small town about 20 miles northeast of Madison. On I-94 southbound, take exit 131, SR 19 east. Marshall is about 15 miles from the exit, and the park is right on SR 19 in the middle of town.

**Day 2 (Part Two). Big Chief's Karts N Coasters,Wisconsin Dells,WI Coasters: 3 Admission: Wrist bands are $30.00, and are good for one of two 6 hour sessions (11am to 5pm, and 3pm to 9pm). Single ride,$5.00. Parking:Free Park Hours:_________? Reccomended Accomodations:________? Nearby Restaurants:____________? Directions: Take Interstate 90/94 to exit 92 (Route 12). Continue north on route 12 for about 4 miles.

**Day 3.Valleyfair! Shakopee,Minnesota Coasters:5 Admission:$27.95 Parking:$6.00 Park Hours: June: 10-8,10-10,or 10-12.SCHOOL DAYS- June:1,2,5,6,7,8 July: 10-10 or 10-12. Reccomended Accomodations:___________? Nearby Restaurants:_______________? Directions:Valleyfair is located 35 minutes southwest of the Twin Cities on County Road 101, just east of Shakopee, MN. Plan: Valleyfair! is not terribly far from Family Funways. Take a break in early evening and go to Family Funways. Don't see it until it gets close to dark

**Day 3. (Part Two) Family Funways Coasters:__________? Admission:__________? Parking:_______________? Park Hours:______________? Reccomended Accomodations:_____________? Nearby Restaurants:________________? Directions:_______________?

**Day 4. Mall of America (Knott's Camp Snoopy) Bloomington,Minnesota Coasters:1 Admission:Admission to Camp Snoopy is free,To experience the rides, guests may purchase passes containing ride points. Each ride has a point value (see ride listings) and points may be purchased in any quantity. For maximum fun, a one-day unlimited ride wristband is also available.All-day wristbands $20.95 ,Snoopy Super Saver 100 point pass $50 Charlie Brown 50 point pass $30 Lucy Special 30 point pass $20 Linus 15 point pass $10 Individual points may also be purchased for $.70 each. Parking:N/A Park Hours:Monday-Thursday 10:00am - 9:30pm Friday & Saturday 10:00am - 10:00pm,Sunday 10:30am - 7:30pm Reccomended Accomodations:Stay overnight in Minneapolis Nearby Restaurants:__________? Directions:We are located in the heart of Mall of America® in Bloomington, Minnesota. We are approximately 5 minutes from the airport and 15 minutes from both downtown Minneapolis and downtown St. Paul. We are located at the intersection of I-494 and Cedar (77). Plan: Leave MoA around noon,drive three hours to Arnol's spend the rest of the afternoon and evening there.

**Day 4 (Part Two). Arnold's Park. Arnolds Park,IA Coasters:1 Admission:$13.95 + Tax Parking:________? Park Hours:June 14th - August 20th,Sunday - Thursday:11:00 A.M - 7:00 P.M Friday & Saturday-11:00 A.M. - 10:00 P.M. Reccomended Accomodations:Stay overnight in Minneapolis Nearby Restaurants:_______? Directions:_______________?

**Day 5: Adventureland. Des Moines,IA Coasters:3 Admission: 23.00 Tax included Parking:__________? Park Hours:Gates open at 10am. 10pm closings throughout most of July. Mostly 9pm closings throughout June,with the exceptions of the 5th,6th,7th and 8th of June. Reccomended Accomodations:_______? Nearby Restaurants:______________? Directions:Adventureland is located off exit 142A of I-80, along U.S. Highway 65, near Altoona, just East of Des Moines.

**Day 6: Worlds of Fun. Kansas City, Missouri Coasters: 4 Admission: $31.95 Parking: $6.00 Park Hours: Throughout most of June:10am-10pm or 10am-9pm Throughout most of July: mostly 10am-10pm Reccomended Accomodations:__________? Nearby Restaurants:____________? Directions:Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun are located off the east loop of I-435 at exit 54 in Kansas City, Missouri.

-- Rob Vaccaro Vaccaro11@mindspring.com ======================= Upcoming Trips: - PKI/SRM/SFStL-May 4-7 - Working Spring Con @ SFGAd May 19-21 - Boulder Dash Media Days May 22-24 ----------------------------------------- Track Record:123 Top Steel: AC, Kumba, Montu, Steel Force, Hulk, Volcano, Fire Dragon. Top Wood:Raven,Cyclone,Phoenix,Twister, Wild One, Great White, Grizzly. Top 'Drops: Tower of Terror, Pittfall, Drop Zone,Hellevator, Power Tower. Fav. Parks:IOA,KW,SFGAd,Holiday World,Knoebels,BGW,Canobie,Hersheypark.