Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Correction! Those ARE PCW tracks from 2000!

Correction! Those ARE PCW tracks from 2000!

ROXY HYPER 4 PCW2001

Posted:
4/18/00 at
7:02:57 PM

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it!!!! The website owner got back to me super fast and this is what he had to say:

It is Vekoma track.

>You see, the point of conjecture on the message board is whether or not
>this is a photo from 2000 (as in "this is replacement tracking for Top
>Gun)..... or is it an old picture from 1994 / 95 showing the tracks for
>the new 1995 rollercoaster "TOP GUN". My guess is that it is a 1995
>photo.

The picture is not from 1995, it is from 2 days ago.

Iain

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Okay Roxy calm down!!! Just breath slowly!!!!!

Now the big question is this: is that TOP GUN replacement track or new tracks for the 2001 STEALTH coaster???????

Joe! Joe! Joe! You gotta find out man! Let us know what the big wigs at Wonderland tell you!

Take care,

Roxy

Re: Correction! Those ARE PCW tracks from 2000! by joe(PCW) at 4/18/00 7:30:41 PM

ROXY: Yesterday I was at Wonderland and those tracks were not there. I guess they took them in earlier yesterday or the day before. However they really look like topgun tracks to me. Im almost certain. If only the photograph was taken at a closer view. I could be wrong though. Anyways Saturday is the day im at the park again and im going to get the whole story. Im not leaving till I find out whats happening:) Anyways did you say that the new subdivisions go completey to the edge of that access (pcw entrance) behind minebuster? thats crazy. Anyways did you happen to read below that cliffhanger has a 2 huge cabins. This is one big ride, bigger than any topspins I have ever seen! looks impressive. take care.

joe(PCW)

Regarding Subdivisions by ROXY HYPER 4 PCW2001 at 4/18/00 8:22:16 PM

Hi Joe,

The housing complex comes right up to where that curving feeder road is. Which essentially leaves PCW with the pond on the south side of the MCMinebuster.

But if you consider how much space the pond occupies, you can see that a HYPER coaster could easily be built over it and around the east side of the minebuster (between it and Sol Locco).

Okay Joe..... so give us ALL the details when you get back from work on Saturday.

Peace,

Roxy

Re: Correction! Those ARE PCW tracks from 2000! by Jeff Tolotti at 4/18/00 9:18:47 PM

> However they really look like topgun
> tracks to me.

Probably because Vekoma SLC track looks exactly like Stealth track. Why would they be putting new track on Top Gun anyway?

Jeff

Regarding STEALTH TRACKS by ROXY HYPER 4 PCW2001 at 4/18/00 10:48:39 PM

Probably because Vekoma SLC track looks exactly
> like Stealth track. Why would they be
> putting new track on Top Gun anyway? Jeff

An excellent point Jeff.... however, I must say that STEALTH tracks don't look *exactly* like Vekoma SLC tracks. STEALTH's tracks are wider and have those funky red double tubes running under the tracks.

Still, they do look similiar. And to return to your point: why would they be putting new tracks on Top Gun anyway? It was running fine last year.... so I don't understand what's going on there.

If they are tracks for STEALTH, then my original theory that we would see evidence of construction this year (as we saw PGA builiding STEALTH a year in advance) is already being proven.

Well, hyper or stealth.... I really don't give a darn. Just give PCW a new BIG rollercoaster. We need a one SO badly!

Take care,

Roxy

Re: Regarding STEALTH TRACKS by Jeff Tolotti at 4/18/00 11:48:26 PM

> I must say that STEALTH tracks
> don't look *exactly* like Vekoma SLC tracks.
> STEALTH's tracks are wider and have those
> funky red double tubes running under the
> tracks.

I see nothing that indicates Stealth track is wider than standard Vekoma track (the four-abreast seating has nothing to do with it, since the seats hang *WAY* off the edge of the track unlike SLCs), and it doesn't use double-backboned track throughout its entire circuit.

http://members.aol.com/interama/pga0024.htm

Jeff

PCW track photo looks like a fake by PJM at 4/19/00 1:57:10 PM

Hi there - I'm new to this forum so bear with me...

I'm 99% sure that the photo of the guy in a car pointing at track in the PCW lot is fake.

If you have photoshop or similar software you can zoom in and see the crop lines where a photo was just pasted in. As well, the brightness, contrast, shadows, etc. don't match up.

Please, please someone prove me wrong. I'm a big PCW fan and would love to see management invest in a new coaster. A bigger, clearer photo would do the trick.

PJM

Re: Regarding STEALTH TRACKS by geygi at 4/19/00 2:49:48 PM

I see nothing that indicates Stealth track is
> wider than standard Vekoma track (the
> four-abreast seating has nothing to do with
> it, since the seats hang *WAY* off the edge
> of the track unlike SLCs), and it doesn't
> use double-backboned track throughout its
> entire circuit.
> http://members.aol.com/interama/pga0024.htm
> Jeff

Actually, Vekoma Flying Dutchman track IS wider than their standard track. That's one thing that caught my eye when the pieces were laying out in PGA's parking lot. Hard to tell from pics, but it is definitely wider, not B&M wide, but wider than normal.

Re: PCW track photo looks like a fake by joe(PCW) at 4/19/00 3:42:49 PM

Well we will see, like i said im there saturday to find out. I doubt that its a fake though. I believe they were really there. the question is: is it new coaster tracks or are they replacements? As said below why would they replace tracks to topgun anyway? the ride as very few problems.

joe(PCW)

Re: Regarding STEALTH TRACKS by Jeff Tolotti at 4/19/00 4:23:37 PM

> Actually, Vekoma Flying Dutchman track
> IS wider than their standard track. That's
> one thing that caught my eye when the pieces
> were laying out in PGA's parking lot. Hard
> to tell from pics, but it is definitely
> wider, not B&M wide, but wider than normal.

Standard B&M track is actually the same size as standard Arrow/Vekoma track. The gauge between the rails is the same at 48" for both manufacturers.

One thing I've found is that track in the parking lot looks *MUCH* bigger than it does when it's completed on the ride - this goes for any manufacturer. Not disrespecting what you say, geygi, just saying that until I see measurements for the Stealth track that indicate the gauge is wider than 48", I stick by my story (with an open mind, of course)...

Jeff

Re: Regarding STEALTH TRACKS by Johnny Mnemonic at 4/19/00 4:30:53 PM

> I see nothing that indicates Stealth track
> is Actually, Vekoma Flying Dutchman track
> IS wider than their standard track. That's
> one thing that caught my eye when the pieces
> were laying out in PGA's parking lot. Hard
> to tell from pics, but it is definitely
> wider, not B&M wide, but wider than normal.

One way to tell is to compare Stealth's tracks to Invertigo's across the park. Streath's tracks are obviously wider, not by much, but you can see the difference.

Re: Correction! Those ARE PCW tracks from 2000! by A1F0 at 4/22/00 6:28:04 PM

Why would they put in a coaster with the same colour track as top gun? This would confuse people and it just doesn't make sense?

A1F0