Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > ooh crap!, new MF pics

ooh crap!, new MF pics

goonsta

Posted:
4/18/00 at
12:09:03 PM

There are about 9 new pics of MF on Cedarpoin.com! They show views of the first drop from the top!! Holy hell!

Re: ooh crap!, new MF pics by Scott Stouffer at 4/18/00 12:24:40 PM

> There are about 9 new pics of MF on
> Cedarpoin.com! They show views of the first
> drop from the top!! Holy hell!

Yeah, holy hell is right...have you ever seen anything like this? I'm living in Florida right now, but I can tell you that I'm counting the days...i'm there on the 14th...

BTW, you think this coaster will bring national attention? Like CNN or something hahaha

WOW!!, CP Coasters certainly have scenic views! by TigerBeast at 4/18/00 12:38:40 PM

More like HOLY SH@#%*!!! And not to mention that the view of the shore line looks spectacular, and the view also brings out the best in Mean Streak, It's Looks (not that I don't also like its ride, but it is nice to look at, isn't it)!

I can't wait to ride this thing, and I think these pictures really give a new perspective on the layout, and cause you to realize the speed that you will wip through the circuit, and that the speed is why the layout looks dull to some. Not that dull at 80 and 90 MPH I don't think.

Tony

Re: WOW!!, CP Coasters certainly have scenic views by Scott Stouffer at 4/18/00 12:44:42 PM

Yeah, as coasters get faster, they will 'appear' more mundane. This is because of the G forces enacted upon these rides. Certainly in this case, the MF has entered into new territory and will definitely not be like anything else on this planet! Damn...

> More like HOLY SH@#%*!!! And not to mention that
> the view of the shore line looks
> spectacular, and the view also brings out
> the best in Mean Streak, It's Looks (not
> that I don't also like its ride, but it is
> nice to look at, isn't it)! I can't wait to
> ride this thing, and I think these pictures
> really give a new perspective on the layout,
> and cause you to realize the speed that you
> will wip through the circuit, and that the
> speed is why the layout looks dull to some.
> Not that dull at 80 and 90 MPH I don't
> think. Tony

Re: old pics by Bds at 4/18/00 12:55:25 PM

You got me ;-) I went there and checked, they're old pictures from yesterday. :-P

-Bds

Re: ooh crap!, new MF pics by sparky sparky Profile at 4/18/00 1:46:42 PM

Now, hell being holy I'm not sure of, but one thing I am certain of is that first drop is going to be something special- something that will truely be worth waiting for by itself. After all, if guests of Alton Towers can wait two hours for one drop on Oblivion, why not Millenium Force?

The more I study this ride, the more I really feel as if it will be a complete ride, with a nice mix of both laterals and vertical g forces. Many enthusiasts are partial to either vertical or lateral- it is very rare to find a ride that mixes the best of both- this is my opinion why rides like Knoebel's Twister are so popular. Rides like Phoenix are vertical g fans faves, while rides like the Kennywood Thunderbolt seem more like a lateral g fan's paradise.

Millenium Force looks ready to deliver- let's this new elevator cable lift system works- it would be a shame for a traditional coaster to have technical problems due to a lift system.

-sparky

Re: ooh crap!, new MF pics by KMAN KMAN Profile at 4/18/00 2:40:12 PM

________

Thanks for the link! I've been waiting for a pic update.

I share your thought on the first hill - holy hell!! ;-)? Regardless of anything else, this is going to be one hell of not only a drop, but a sick ascent up the lift hill high above Sandusky Bay. And remember, pictures like these rarely if ever do justice to the true scope of how high a structure is. I can't wait - Bonzai!! --K

Re: ooh crap!, new MF pics by Alpengeist Alpengeist Profile at 4/18/00 2:58:05 PM

To quote the late Chris Farley, "That...is one piece of ace!...but you can imagine what it would be like, huh?" Well folks soon enough, soon enough....

Criss

Re: ooh crap!, new MF pics by Scott Stouffer at 4/18/00 3:04:59 PM

I remember the first time I rode XL-200...that first incline was something...I remember glancing over at the gemini as we passed the crest of its first hill, and then looking up to see another 100 ft. of track...then looking down at the ground and out to lake erie....I can only imagine how many people are going to %@*! their pants on the way up the MF...good thing it'll be fast (maybe that's why they built it that way heehehe)

> ________ Thanks for the link! I've been waiting
> for a pic update. I share your thought on
> the first hill - holy hell!! ;-)? Regardless
> of anything else, this is going to be one
> hell of not only a drop, but a sick ascent
> up the lift hill high above Sandusky Bay.
> And remember, pictures like these rarely if
> ever do justice to the true scope of how
> high a structure is. I can't wait - Bonzai!!
> --K

Re: ooh crap!, new MF pics by goonsta at 4/19/00 12:16:07 AM

The pic was taken from a (very brave)person at the top of the stairway. So, a rider wont even be able to see the track. It's just you and the air