Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Gulf Shores

Gulf Shores

Michael

Posted:
4/18/00 at
11:47:58 AM

Re: Gulph Shores.

Info. needed. When does it open (operating hours; days of week etc.)?

IS this park still functional?

How are the coaster(s) there and when will they be running?

I'm considering going there in conjunction with a trip to the new Jazzland.

Thanks.

Mike's souvenir list

Re: Gulf Shores by sparky sparky Profile at 4/18/00 1:52:40 PM

> Re: Gulph Shores. Info. needed. When does
> it open (operating hours; days of week
> etc.)? IS this park still functional? How
> are the coaster(s) there and when will they
> be running? I'm considering going there in
> conjunction with a trip to the new Jazzland.
> Thanks.

Gulf Shores, Alabama has two parks. One is called Waterville USA, which is essentially a medium size water park with a go cart track, mini golf, kiddy rides, and a mid size CCI out and backer called Cannonball Run. It was built in '95, and has since been rehabbed by RCCA. The park's dry section is now open weekends, while the entire park opens for daily operation sometime around Memorial Day.

Gulf Shores Fun Park is on the strip near the Gulf of Mexico- it's owners are the same family who run the Gulfport Park over in Mississipi. Nothing special here- a bunch of kiddy rides, a VERY lame flying scooters ride, and tis about it.

If you want to rack up a coaster, Cannonball Run is decent- not really worth driving out of your way for, but for a count, you do what you have to. It is about $5 a ride, which gets you two consecutive laps.

-sparky

If you are willing to go that far.... by Fred at 4/19/00 2:55:07 AM

> Re: Gulph Shores. Info. needed. When does
> it open (operating hours; days of week
> etc.)? IS this park still functional? How
> are the coaster(s) there and when will they
> be running? I'm considering going there in
> conjunction with a trip to the new Jazzland.
> Thanks.

...I would recommend going a little further to Miracle Strip Amusement Park in Panama City Beach, FL. It's maybe a 2 1/2 drive away from Gulf Shores, I think. I can't remember have long it took to drive from Pensacola.

MSAP is one park that is seriously neglected by enthusiasts, but one that they would love if they went to it. It has a decent out and back woodie called the Starliner, and a terrific indoor Scrambler! The whole park just looks great! I wish I could have spent more time there, but thanks to a very stupid error I made earlier in the day, I wasn't able to get there until an hour before closing.

I might add that MSAP is right across the street from the beach and adjacent to Planet Bungee--which has a Skyscraper and an Ejector Seat. The night I went there was one of the highlights of my summer two years ago. Check it out!

FRED