Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > The Boss will be open!

The Boss will be open!

Jeff King

Posted:
4/17/00 at
9:27:06 PM

The local St. Louis NBC affiliate, KSDK announced during the 6 o'clock news that The Boss will be open on opening day/weekend.

Interview, anyone??

Jeff

Re: The Boss will be open! by Brad Brad Profile at 4/17/00 9:41:26 PM

> The local St. Louis NBC affiliate, KSDK
> announced during the 6 o'clock news that The
> Boss will be open on opening day/weekend.
> Interview, anyone?? Jeff

That's the best news I've heard!! I'll be sure to watch the 10 o'clock news tonight. Did they show any pictures of it at 6? Only 87 more hours left(I think)!! Boy, I am pathetic!! Brad

Re: The Boss will be open! by Jeff King at 4/17/00 9:44:56 PM

That's the best news I've heard!! I'll be sure
> to watch the 10 o'clock news tonight. Did
> they show any pictures of it at 6? Only 87
> more hours left(I think)!! Boy, I am
> pathetic!! Brad

They showed stock footage from a few weeks back, when it was about 75% done.

Can't wait 'till media day on Thursday!

Jeff

Re: The Boss will be open! by "Boss"Man at 4/18/00 9:01:29 AM

> That's the best news I've heard!! I'll be
> sure They showed stock footage from a few
> weeks back, when it was about 75% done.
> Can't wait 'till media day on Thursday!
> Jeff I went out there yesterday at 4pm and they still had the train stuck on the second turnaround. There was about 20 people surrounding the train. I haope your right but it looks as if they were having problems. Nonetheless, I will be there friday to find out.

Re: The Boss will be open! by BRIANDEW1 at 4/18/00 9:44:05 AM

I will be thair 10:00 am friday

can you say............... by ??????????????????/ at 4/18/00 11:12:51 PM

Can you say Mr. Freeze. Does everyone remember what happened to Mr. Freeze and all its problems the first season which kept it closed all season. all I am trying to say is that i wont be certin it will be open in till i ride it friday(fingers crossed)

Re: can you say............... by mchellin at 4/18/00 11:40:35 PM

> Can you say Mr. Freeze. Does everyone
> remember what happened to Mr. Freeze and all
> its problems the first season which kept it
> closed all season. all I am trying to say is
> that i wont be certin it will be open in
> till i ride it friday(fingers crossed)

Please...Mr. Freeze is completely different than the Boss. While I still have my doubts about the Boss opening so quickly, I believe it will not be as delayed as Freeze. Freeze is a LIM launch coaster, and is a lemon. The Boss is a CCI woodie...that's like comparing apples to oranges. Most woodies have rollbacks when they start testing...it's expected. Freeze was just...well, it's just Freeze.

Boss Media day by Hockey Mike at 4/19/00 1:42:41 AM

Who all will be at media day for the Boss with me? Fellow ACE members drop me a line. I'm trying to find someone to meet there, since I don't know any other St. Louis ACE members on a personal level. The Boss will be supreme ride, and is something SFSTL has needed for a long time. Who wants to meet @ 10:00 on Friday, too? I want to be on the first public ride. Anyone with the same plans let me know!

Hockey Mike

Re: The Boss will be open! by KT_Mizzou at 4/19/00 7:38:03 AM

I will also be there on Friday. This will be my first time going on opening day. I sure hope the Boss will be open. I'll have a two hour drive to get there, and I'll be going to the Cardinals game that night. Long day!!! Hope to see you all there at 10:00a.m. Friday with season pass in hand.

Re: The Boss will be open! by tomgreen17 at 4/19/00 12:22:11 PM

This is great! I'll be there on Saturday and I'll be ready to ride!