Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > To ben, Masher & other SFNE associates...

To ben, Masher & other SFNE associates...

jess

Posted:
4/17/00 at
8:44:44 PM

Have anyone of you guys seen the new PTC trains for RC? I read that they have stars and stripes on them. Also, is anyone going to be @ SFNE on May 6? Coz that's when I'm going. S:ROS looks amazing, just looking @ those helix's makes my mouth water....CYA

jess =0P~~~

Re: To ben, Masher & other SFNE associates... by Flare at 4/17/00 8:49:21 PM

I heard from someone that just looking at them makes you want to sing the national anthem! :-) Basically they look REALLY good from what i've heard.

*Places right hand on heart*

Dave

> Have anyone of you guys seen the new PTC
> trains for RC? I read that they have stars
> and stripes on them. Also, is anyone going
> to be @ SFNE on May 6? Coz that's when I'm
> going. S:ROS looks amazing, just looking @
> those helix's makes my mouth water....CYA
> jess =0P~~~

Re: To ben, Masher & other SFNE associates... by Coasterdude at 4/17/00 9:52:58 PM

Does anyone know if S:ROS will be open on opening day? I am dying to ride this. Have they started testing yet? I read a post a few weeks ago where someone heard that it would not open til June because they needed a part from Europe. Please tell me this is false.

Thanks,

Coasterdude

Re: R u serious?!?... by jess at 4/17/00 10:15:04 PM

> Does anyone know if S:ROS will be open on
> opening day? I am dying to ride this. Have
> they started testing yet? I read a post a
> few weeks ago where someone heard that it
> would not open til June because they needed
> a part from Europe. Please tell me this is
> false. Thanks, Coasterdude

Now that would just suck. I can picture it now, me on opening day just waiting to ride S:ROS, and then finding it to be not operating yet. I'd be very much dissapointed. However I have heard otherwise. I've actually heard they have started testing. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks

jess =0P~~~~

Re: R u serious?!?... by Coasterdude at 4/17/00 10:22:42 PM

Now that would just suck. I can picture it now,
> me on opening day just waiting to ride
> S:ROS, and then finding it to be not
> operating yet. I'd be very much
> dissapointed. However I have heard
> otherwise. I've actually heard they have
> started testing. Can anyone confirm this?
> Thanks jess =0P~~~~

It was posted a few weeks ago, but it was just a rumor one of the posters heard when waiting in line somewhere I believe. I hope you are right, I don't think I can wait til June.

Coasterdude

Re: To ben, Masher & other SFNE associates... by Masher at 4/18/00 10:27:26 AM

> jess =0P~~~

How patriotic! You guys are in for a treat with the PTC's!!

The info about the June opening based on needing a part from Europe looks and smells like a rumour to me. Besides even if they did need a part from Europe I'm sure they wouldn't be sending it on a slow boat. Additionally most of the manufactures are on incentive clauses to get the rides up and operating on the desired dates. All the more reason to expect the ride to open on schedule. Don't fret unless you see an official release from the park.

Re: To ben, Masher & other SFNE associates... by Coasterdude at 4/18/00 10:56:26 AM

Yeah, comet3506 said he just heard people talking about it in line, so it is by no means official. You are right, the park probably would have said something about it in a press release if it was not going to open. Anyways, if you want to see the post which I am talking about, set the preferences to include posts from the last month, and look for "SFGAdv TR for 4/8". It was posted on 4/9/0 at 20:06.

Coasterdude

My plans... by ben at 4/18/00 3:02:27 PM

> jess =0P~~~

Still not 100% sure, but it looks at this point like I'm going to be at the park on Sunday May 7, and then next on Saturday May 20... (can't make opening day, and not looking good for media day - i.e. "Please let me in..").. Dissapointed I won't get to meet you there on opening day Jess, but i'm sure we'll meet up some time this season! -ben