Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Decision: PKI or CP??

Decision: PKI or CP??

jess

Posted:
4/17/00 at
7:44:08 PM

Back from school again. I have to make a decision. I'm planing on heading down to the Ohio area. I was j/w which park should I choose to go to. I really want to go to Cedar Point, but I would rather go on Son of Beast than Millenium Force. I don't just want to go to Cedar Point because of Millenium Force. Cedar Point does have a great selections of rides and all. King's Island does also. I know both of there selections. So, to whoever has been to both of these parks which one should be my first park in Ohio?

jess =0P~~~

Re: Decision: PKI or CP?? by Circuit at 4/17/00 7:59:13 PM

I was j/w which park should I
> choose to go to. I really want to go to
> Cedar Point, but I would rather go on Son of
> Beast than Millenium Force.

You just made your decision. Go with the park you want to go, which it sounds like Kings Islands. Lots to do there!

That is tough, consid. you like SOB so much by OhioMike at 4/17/00 8:24:03 PM

That is hard. By the way your talking you seem to really "like most of us" want to ride the SOB a tad more than the MF. So that even things out a little, and the original is great too. But CP, has a little more to offer overall. I mean you get the mantis and the raptor, A nicer racer in the Gemini. And of course MF, wont be something not to look foward too. Plus you have the tower, And the still great Magnum, first 200ft. Also add in Mean Steak, Which everyone agrees looks great, but either you'll love it or hate it. But it worth a ride. Personaly I like it. But it is in anyway no Beast. Also the old Blue Streak, and there corkscrew. Where a Kings besides teh Beast and its Son, You get Face off, ok to me, and the indoor Outer Limits, "which they changed some" but I liked it the first time. Besides that there Vortex is decent. Got a prety good drop for a coaster vocasing on corks and loops, "inverts" Im not a big fan of there top gun "inclosed legs" Or there double, geeeezzz umm sh#$ I cant remember the name "I cant belive this. But its ok, But I prefer the Gemini. Bad with names, Always was. You also get there Drop Zone, compared to CP'S tower. Which The Drop Z is better. So its hard. But if your really that keyed on one ride, or two considering the father. You have to weigh it to all the CP rides. Which CP does have more greatness in almost all departments except wood, except for gemeni, when it comes to double. But it rides like a steel some what.

Re: Decision: PKI or CP?? by Mario at 4/17/00 8:31:52 PM

> Back from school again. I have to make a
> decision. I'm planing on heading down to the
> Ohio area. I was j/w which park should I
> Beast than Millenium Force. I don't just
> want to go to Cedar Point because of
> Millenium Force. Cedar Point does have a
> great selections of rides and all. King's
> Island does also. I know both of there
> selections. So, to whoever has been to both
> of these parks which one should be my first
> park in Ohio? jess =0P~~~

Hey Jess! You gotta go to CP, I think it's much better. It's got more coasters and all the good sheeotz.

Re: Decision: PKI or CP?? by Jman at 4/18/00 7:02:08 AM

> Back from school again. I have to make a
> decision. I'm planing on heading down to the
> Ohio area. I was j/w which park should I
> Beast than Millenium Force. I don't just
> want to go to Cedar Point because of
> Millenium Force. Cedar Point does have a
> great selections of rides and all. King's
> Island does also. I know both of there
> selections. So, to whoever has been to both
> of these parks which one should be my first
> park in Ohio? jess =0P~~~

Wow...that is tough, but I'd end up going to CP. There are so many other fantastic rides...and it's not like you'd be selling yourself short by riding MF. Mantis is fantastic, and Raptor is one of the best inverts in the world. Gemini is, IMO, the best racer ever, and Magnum is a classic. I personally love Mean Streak...but it is very, very rough. Blue Streak gives a pretty surprising amount of airtime....overall, it's just a great park. PKI has some fantastic things too, and the original Beast is worth riding. It'd be best if you could make it to both, but if you only had to do one, I'd definitely say go to CP.

Jman