Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > SOB and PKI

SOB and PKI

TheBeastAaron

Posted:
4/17/00 at
5:04:42 PM

Hey everyone I just wanted to let you know that i e-mailed PKI on when they were going to update their web site and when they were going to finally and officially open SOB and this is what they had to say:

Aaron, We are hoping to have "Son of Beast" open this weekend. Please contact us this Thur. at 1-800-288-0808 for the latest information on opening.

Our web site does leave a lot to be desired. It is a long story about legal issues that I won't get into here. We have a new site that is to be up and running May 1st. You should see a noticeable improvement.

Regards, Paul Feller Guest Relations

There you go!

-Aaron

Aaron's Coaster Mania!

No response by Pki Ryan at 4/17/00 6:32:25 PM

Huh!?!? that is interesting because i know i have e-mailed PKI back before i was hired and since then including last week, and I know other people have as well. Hmmmm, why did i not get a response. I have another question, why would "Mr. Feller" say that there were legal issues about the website!?!?!? I dont know. I find it very interesting that they said it would open this weekend because when I was off work sunday i took a little road trip from daddy over to sonny, and the ride ops that i spoke to said and i quote "Son of Beast will open for the first time April 25th as slated for the sneak preview night. Sorry Aaron I dont think so.... I may be wrong but that e-mail seemed awfully un professional, all correspondance i have gotten from the park is very professtional. I dont know maybe i am just stupid.

Ryan

Response is real by biggy at 4/17/00 6:57:31 PM

I wrote PKI sunday about info for season pass nights and the same guy wrote me back today. I don't think there is any reason to doubt this email. Also I believe I heard that the company that does PKI website went belly up(anybody else remember hearing this from somewhere?). If I was PKI and the company desinging and maintianing the website just wasn't there anymore I believe that is a very legitamate reason to make it a legal issue. Most likely they had a agreement that was broken but this all speculation. Who knows besides them. I just wanted to defend the email.

Jake Thalls

Re: Response is real by SOBbecki at 4/17/00 9:44:40 PM

> I also emailed PKI last week regarding the updating of their website and got a very similar response. The email was very laid back and explained the the webmater went "belly-up" and that they were working with a new webmaster. I also was very surprised in the quick response I got from guest realtions (under a hour). Even though the website is crappy right now, I think PKI is doing an excellent job in keeping their customers happy and informed. As for SOB opening this weekend, I would love to see it; but in all reality I can't see it possible since testing only begun today. But, then again I wouldn't be disappointed with a surprise.

Becki

IT WAS REAL! by TheBeastAaron at 4/17/00 10:05:16 PM

That e-mail was real!!! I went to the PKI website and hit the e-mail button on the navigation bar and click on the think for comments and questions about the park. I know the e-mail was real because the address in which it was from was from PKI!! Unless someone broke into PKI's e-mail server this e-mail is not fake, and i am not just trying to get attention!

-Aaron

Re: PKI GR Dept. by Angie at 4/18/00 6:47:02 PM

Greetings from PKI Guest Relations!

The e-mail information you received was from the Operations Manager of Guest Relations Paul Feller and indeed it is very real and certainly not unprofessional. You would not believe the amount of e-mails we get regarding general park questions, not to mention the people who send us messages just to "test" the system. FYI---Some messages are directly sent to Mr. Feller in GR and some are sent directly to the manager of the Sales and Service Center which is where the toll-free line rings. All of the managers in Guest Relations spend many hours each week responding to Guest's questions that we receive via snail mail, e-mail, and also in person. I think it goes without waying that we are kept very busy especially when everyone is anxious for our new ride to open. Believe me we are just as anxious and excited as you all are!

The goal of the park is to be optimistic for Sonny's opening---that is why you were told we are hopeful it will be open this weekend. Just so you know for sure we are offering you a toll-free phone number to call and check on Sonny's status before you make the trip to the park.

As Mr. Feller indicated, the web site has had problems and they are being fixed. We are doing all we can right now to get the new site up and running. One marketing manager was still working on the web site as I was leaving at 9:30 p.m. Sunday night! I have been told we are very close to getting it up and running so please try to remain patient. We greatly appreciate it!

For those of you who work in the park, if you have a question about the Guest Relations Department, please feel free to contact me directly. My extension at the park is 5640.

Thanks for listening and I hope to see you all on a walk-back soon!

Angie Arnold Area Manager, PKI Guest Relations

> Hey everyone I just wanted to let you know
> that i e-mailed PKI on when they were going
> to update their web site and when they were
> going to finally and officially open SOB and
> this is what they had to say: Aaron, We are
> hoping to have "Son of Beast" open
> this weekend. Please contact us this Thur.
> at 1-800-288-0808 for the latest information
> on opening. Our web site does leave a lot
> to be desired. It is a long story about
> legal issues that I won't get into here. We
> have a new site that is to be up and running
> May 1st. You should see a noticeable
> improvement. Regards, Paul Feller Guest
> Relations There you go! -Aaron

Re: Thank you so much, Angie! by RobLec RobLec Profile at 4/18/00 8:11:30 PM

Now we know for certain. Thank you for clearing this up!

> Greetings from PKI Guest Relations! The
> e-mail information you received was from the
> Operations Manager of Guest Relations Paul
> Feller and indeed it is very real and
> certainly not unprofessional. You would not
> believe the amount of e-mails we get
> regarding general park questions, not to
> mention the people who send us messages just
> to "test" the system. FYI---Some
> messages are directly sent to Mr. Feller in
> GR and some are sent directly to the manager
> of the Sales and Service Center which is
> where the toll-free line rings. All of the
> managers in Guest Relations spend many hours
> each week responding to Guest's questions
> that we receive via snail mail, e-mail, and
> also in person. I think it goes without
> waying that we are kept very busy especially
> when everyone is anxious for our new ride to
> open. Believe me we are just as anxious and
> excited as you all are! The goal of the
> park is to be optimistic for Sonny's
> opening---that is why you were told we are
> hopeful it will be open this weekend. Just
> so you know for sure we are offering you a
> toll-free phone number to call and check on
> Sonny's status before you make the trip to
> the park. As Mr. Feller indicated, the web
> site has had problems and they are being
> fixed. We are doing all we can right now to
> get the new site up and running. One
> marketing manager was still working on the
> web site as I was leaving at 9:30 p.m.
> Sunday night! I have been told we are very
> close to getting it up and running so please
> try to remain patient. We greatly appreciate
> it! For those of you who work in the park,
> if you have a question about the Guest
> Relations Department, please feel free to
> contact me directly. My extension at the
> park is 5640. Thanks for listening and I
> hope to see you all on a walk-back soon!
> Angie Arnold Area Manager, PKI Guest
> Relations

Re: PKI GR Dept. by acer at 4/19/00 9:04:07 AM

Thanks Ms Arnold for taking time out of your busy schedule to clear up this matter.

acer (who is looking forward to those Sonny walk backs)

Re: PKI GR Dept. by Angie at 4/19/00 1:11:24 PM

You are most certainly welcome! You must remember that the walk-backs give us an opportunity to take a "test ride" on the coasters. You know, just to make sure everything is OK for the Guests. :)

We look forward to seeing you and Mr. Acer at the park sometime soon!

Angie