Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Track spotted at Paramount Canada's Wonderland

Track spotted at Paramount Canada's Wonderland

Shaggy Shaggy Profile

Posted:
4/17/00 at
1:59:38 PM

Track has been spotted at PCW. Now this may very well be replacement track for an existing coaster, but it is steel and reminiscent of a Vekoma style.

Anyone know anything more? Apparently it is located in the parking lot.

Shaggy

Re: Track spotted at Paramount Canada's Wonderland by joe(PCW) at 4/17/00 2:08:48 PM

> Track has been spotted at PCW. Now this may
> very well be replacement track for an
> existing coaster, but it is steel and
> reminiscent of a Vekoma style. Anyone know
> anything more? Apparently it is located in
> the parking lot. Shaggy

Shaggy, this is really a surprise. Where did you hear this? Well, I will be at the park on Saturday morning for training on rides and ill just have to take a look. Im actually tempted to just drive there before that time. It;s just 8 mnutes away. ;)

joe(pCW)

Re: Track spotted at Paramount Canada's Wonderland by Capler at 4/17/00 2:26:05 PM

Shaggy, this is really a surprise. Where did you
> hear this? Well, I will be at the park on
> Saturday morning for training on rides and
> ill just have to take a look. Im actually
> tempted to just drive there before that
> time. It;s just 8 mnutes away. ;) joe(pCW)

Only 8 minutes? Go right now and report back!

Could it be? by Rocket Roger at 4/17/00 2:35:51 PM

Hmmmm....could it be?

If it is, it makes sense. They would probably want to start construction soon so that it could be nearly finished by the end of the season. That way they could begin testing early next Spring.

Or....it could just be replacement track for their SLC. Hee-hee!

Rocket Roger

going to WONDERLAND now!! by joe(PCW) at 4/17/00 2:43:55 PM

> Shaggy, this is really a surprise. Where did
> you Only 8 minutes? Go right now and report
> back!

your right im too tempted to see if this is true or not, im hoping in my moms car and im heading straight there, ill be back soon!!

joe(pCW)

IM BACK/ WONDERLAND info by joe(PCW) at 4/17/00 5:13:39 PM

your right im too tempted to see if this is true
> or not, im hoping in my moms car and im
> heading straight there, ill be back soon!!
> joe(pCW)

Well, I took a drive to PCW to see if there really was a track lying down in the parking lot. I was travelling down jane street going towards the employee parking lot and from far away I saw what looked liked to be tracks-a bluish green colour. I accelerated the car being so excited only to find out that it was hundreds of picnic tables stacked high. Man i was upset. However I did see something going on behind kingswood so I took a turn into the main lot and went behind kingswood. Turned out to be alot of supports for the concert area. They were renovating it and adding stuff to it. All I saw was major construction and digging happening behind the minebuster right beside the access road entrance to the park. It may be subdivisions of homes it may not be.

Anyways I decided to stick around a little, it appears there has been many paint jobs around the park including fencing,stations, and I believe the BAT got a paint job-the red tracks looked brighter but i could be wrong. Testing: I saw CLIFFHANGER in motion, it is very tall you can see it from the streets. But one thing confused me. I saw it go once and I could have sworn I double cabins. I saw two giant cabins rise to the air and come back down. does huss make a model with two cabins?? Or is it that I was seeing things? Anyways the ride is grey with blue seats, and scoobys mansion is also complete finished in purple and bright green. I hope that construction is for what I think it is.

joe(PCW)

Re: Cliffhanger by Shaggy Shaggy Profile at 4/17/00 11:17:42 PM

> Testing: I saw CLIFFHANGER in motion,
> it is very tall you can see it from the
> streets. But one thing confused me. I saw it
> go once and I could have sworn I double
> cabins. I saw two giant cabins rise to the
> air and come back down. does huss make a
> model with two cabins?? Or is it that I was
> seeing things?

You were not seeing things. There are two cabins on PCW's cliffhanger. Huss does not make a Top Spin with two cabins as far as I know. I believe the attraction PCW is getting is actually made by a company named Mondial. (SP???)

Shaggy