Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > PKI Wheelchairs

PKI Wheelchairs

Merlin

Posted:
4/17/00 at
10:25:46 AM

I was at PKI Saturday and noticed several people in wheelchairs faking injuries so they could walk-on rides. Does this happen alot? Is there anything the park can do about it? I know I saw no fewer than 4 people doing this and twice had to wait because someone was able to jump in front of us. Maybe next time I'll just knock over their wheelchair and see how quick they jump up :)

Re: PKI Wheelchairs by corrinna at 4/17/00 12:11:17 PM

> I was at PKI Saturday and noticed several
> people in wheelchairs faking injuries so
> they could walk-on rides. Does this happen
> alot? Is there anything the park can do
> about it? I know I saw no fewer than 4
> people doing this and twice had to wait
> because someone was able to jump in front of
> us. Maybe next time I'll just knock over
> their wheelchair and see how quick they jump
> up :)

I thought that PKI was going to change their policy this year......that a member from your party has to wait in line then when they get ready to ride, then you in the wheelchair can ride.

Re: PKI Wheelchairs by SoulTrain at 4/17/00 1:37:22 PM

> I was at PKI Saturday and noticed several
> people in wheelchairs faking injuries so
> they could walk-on rides. Does this happen
> alot? Is there anything the park can do
> about it? I know I saw no fewer than 4
> people doing this and twice had to wait
> because someone was able to jump in front of
> us. Maybe next time I'll just knock over
> their wheelchair and see how quick they jump
> up :)

Ha! Funny you brought this up. My family and I were at PKI twice last year and notice a large amount of "wheelchair fakers". I noticed that security had started to question a few but nothing significant happen. I hope they address this issue because this is totally out of hand.

New Rules on wheel chairs by Unknown at 4/18/00 9:02:35 PM

Kings Island has a new rule for those in a wheel chair... First they decreased the number of sets they are allowed from four to Two. Secound They have to have a noticable disability....and as for you who want to fake so you can ride SOB without waiting inline....The Son Of Beast Line is Wheel Chair Accesible (or how ever you spell it)