Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Need a few answers

Need a few answers

Michele

Posted:
4/17/00 at
9:20:04 AM

I'm doing a project for school about the most popular amusement park rides..but I want them to be thrill rides. Do any of you know any regular rides...besides coasters that are awesome and turn your belly?? If you do could you please tell me about them and where they're located. Thank you SO much for reading! Michele

Re: Need a few answers by Alpengeist Alpengeist Profile at 4/17/00 9:43:53 AM

> I'm doing a project for school about the
> most popular amusement park rides..but I
> want them to be thrill rides. Do any of you
> know any regular rides...besides coasters
> that are awesome and turn your belly?? If
> you do could you please tell me about them
> and where they're located. Thank you SO much
> for reading! Michele

Drop Zone at PKI. If you want more information, email me, and I'll talk more about it.

Criss

Twister! by BrianG at 4/17/00 10:40:46 AM

Twister at SFDL, it's a Huss Top Spin the ride makes you so sick! I love going on it!

Does anyone consider Supermans Escape,a coaster? by OhioMike at 4/17/00 3:12:49 PM

> for reading! Michele Thats not in my mind a coaster, So it could be cool on your report. Geauga Lake or Six Flags Ohio "Same Place" Has something wierd but I foget what its called. I think Time something. Also all the VR "Virtual Reality thrill rides" Is something you could look into. It's sorta becomeing a big thing. Look into Unaversal <-Spelling? Studios for that.

Here we go again.... by Bruce Jensen at 4/17/00 5:18:00 PM

S:TE is a rollercoaster. The ride vehicle rolls and coasts, for most of it's length under the direct influence of gravity. It is as much a rollercoaster as a Schwartkopf shuttle looper or a Boomerang or an Invertigo, which are essentially similar except for initial propulsion type and the addition of inversions. Unless your definition of an RC includes the debatable requirement that it have a closed complete travel circuit, then these ride types must be considered RCs.

Bruce Jensen

Re: Need a few answers by Pantera Psycho at 4/17/00 5:47:59 PM

> for reading! Michele

Definately use drop rides like Power Tower at Cedarpoint, Giant Drop at Six Flags Great America, Pit Fall at Kennywood. With that you could go into how there are space shot rides and turbo drop as well as free fall all in that genre. Also you could do a ride like Superman: The Escape, regardless of what you think of it (coaster or not), there are enough that don't feel it's a coaster that you could easily get away with putting it in the report. Of course there are the Chaos rides like the one at Cedarpoint that are great, there are also the shuttles that make a 360 degree loop like Power Dive at Six Flags Great America. Just a few suggestions.