Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > SFEG expansions?

SFEG expansions?

joe(PCW)

Posted:
4/17/00 at
2:05:48 AM

Does anyone think it's time that Six Flags put some money into SFEG? I mean this park needs a coaster badly. All it has is an SLC and a Boomerang l. Twister looks good to me though. Does this park have room for expansion? Do they even care about this park? Ill probably never go there because im in Toronto but I dont like to see big park chains neglect certain parks. SFEG and SFKK seem to be the only six flags parks that need major attractions.

joe(PCW)

Re: SFEG expansions? by Fred at 4/17/00 11:08:15 AM

> Does anyone think it's time that Six Flags
> put some money into SFEG? I mean this park
> needs a coaster badly. All it has is an SLC
> and a Boomerang l. Twister looks good to me
> though. Does this park have room for
> expansion? Do they even care about this
> park? Ill probably never go there because im
> in Toronto but I dont like to see big park
> chains neglect certain parks. SFEG and SFKK
> seem to be the only six flags parks that
> need major attractions. joe(PCW)

SFEG is planning an expansion real soon. Right now the park is AGAIN landlocked. But next to the park will be the Pepsi Center and when it is finished, they will share the parking lot with SFEG. A bridge will be constructed over the railroad tracks and the park will expand into the current parking lot.

I have no idea what Premier thinks of this place. The only reason it got branded Six Flags is becuase the nearest major amusement park to them is Lagoon right outside of Salt Lake City. No competition.

To be honest, the only real reason I see to go to Denver is for Lakeside which is a delightful little park with a very good woodie. Twister II is quite rough in places and has no airtime. Not to mention that the park always seems to want their "guests" to wait an hour for it everytime.

SFEG is the worst park in America, and its badness comes mainly from its piss poor guest service, which they don't have a clue of how bad it really is. It's potential is also very limited. So I don't know how long that place is going to last.

I better stop now becuase I really hate that park.

FRED

Re: SFEG expansions? by Alex Nagel at 4/17/00 11:54:14 AM

SFEG is planning an expansion real soon. Right
> now the park is AGAIN landlocked. But next
> to the park will be the Pepsi Center and
> when it is finished, they will share the
> parking lot with SFEG. A bridge will be
> constructed over the railroad tracks and the
> park will expand into the current parking
> lot. I have no idea what Premier thinks of
> this place. The only reason it got branded
> Six Flags is becuase the nearest major
> amusement park to them is Lagoon right
> outside of Salt Lake City. No competition.
> To be honest, the only real reason I see to
> go to Denver is for Lakeside which is a
> delightful little park with a very good
> woodie. Twister II is quite rough in places
> and has no airtime. Not to mention that the
> park always seems to want their
> "guests" to wait an hour for it
> everytime. SFEG is the worst park in
> America, and its badness comes mainly from
> its piss poor guest service, which they
> don't have a clue of how bad it really is.
> It's potential is also very limited. So I
> don't know how long that place is going to
> last. I better stop now becuase I really
> hate that park. FRED

I didn't find the park all THAT bad.

Re: SFEG expansions? by imaki at 4/17/00 1:58:55 PM

Being my home park, I don't fine SFEG THAT bad. It tends to be overcrowded, and in need of development, but it still is a lot of fun. I am sure expansion will come soon. They get so crowded now, if they don't expand the attendance will plateau rather quickly.

As for coasters, they have five: boomerang (boomerang: coast to coaster), Vekoma SLC (mind eraser), wooden twister (Twister II), Arrow Shuttle looper (Sidewinder), and kiddy coaster (wild kitten).

I wish they would have stayed in their old location. The lanscaping was great, and they had Mister Twister and Wildcat. MT was a great wooden twister and Wildcat was a wonderful out and back woody.

As for Lakeside, you are right, Cyclone is a great coaster! Both wooden twister and out and back all wrapped up in one. I went to Lakeside once for a company party and rode Cyclone 21 times. Loved it!

Making a long post even longer, I was wondering if any of you have seen 3 ningas: High Noon. That movie takes place at the New Elitches for the most part, and some other shots from other parks I believe. But the best part is the name of the park in the movie is Mega Mountain, and it is supposed to be set in California.

Ian

The Problem is.... by Fred at 4/18/00 12:07:43 AM

Their guest service and throughput is so piss poor that of course the park seems so crowded. I went on June 6th of last year which was a Tuesday. There was an hour wait for Twister II (with 1 train running), the Minderaser queue was completely full, and the waterpark was so packed that there were no more lockers left to rent.

So what's the problem? Well, how about the fact that the Rapids ride was closed all day. Shipwreck Falls closed for the rest of the day at 1 PM. The Sidewinder opened at 3 PM only to close an hour later. Boomerang broke down twice for at least a half hour. Oh yeah, the Tower of Doom for half of the day had either (a) one car running--yes, 1 four-seater car running, or (b) three cars running but with only 1 ride operator.

Their excuses, excuses, excuses were that they couldn't find enough people to hire and that schools were still in session. HELLO! Do they all think were all complete freakin' morons? Did we not hear all about Columbine High School during that time. School for them was over in late May and that wasn't becuase of that tragedy. I'm certain it was quite possible that many other schools were out at the time.

They simply look at employees as liabilities, and not as assets. I cannot beleive they think running the park in such a manner is even remotely acceptable, especially since they advertise it as a "world-class theme park with over 100 rides, shows, and attractions." That is just a total crock!

I'm sorry, I better get off my soapbox here. After hearing all the many, many complaints about SFA to name a few---the problems with those parks do not come close to the problems with SFEG. IMHO, the place is a total embarrassment and disgrace to the whole amusement park industry.

I would not be the least bit surprised if their attendance this year drops substantially. Their Six Flags "honeymoon" is over! Just like with any job promotion, if you don't live to what is expected of you----you will eventually be fired! The applies here. People expect much better from anything with the Six Flags name.

FRED

Re: The Problem is.... by imaki at 4/18/00 2:41:48 PM

Good points.

I can't argue.

Let's just hope something happens to make the park better!

Ian