Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Phantom Theather

Phantom Theather

PKI 4 LIFE

Posted:
4/16/00 at
11:06:09 PM

Just to let everyone know, that today they decided to get rid of the rule, if your over 60 inches tall you have to have a kid under 60 inches tall to ride. This is no longer true. They had over 700 complaints about this this weekend (friday, saturday), so this is really good news. So Lets go ride Phantom Theather.

- PKI 4 LIFE (PKI Associate)

Yipee!!!! by swOHman at 4/16/00 11:14:13 PM

This is very good news. PT is a good dark ride and a nice airconditioned break from coasters.

swOHman a.k.a. Brian

Re: Yipee!!!! by Alpengeist Alpengeist Profile at 4/17/00 1:30:35 AM

Let's just hope all the junior high kids don't decide to defile the ride with their young love :)If you don't know what I'm talking about,refer to my earlier post on Phantom Theater.

Just a thought and a question? by swOHman at 4/17/00 1:40:50 AM

> Let's just hope all the junior high kids
> don't decide to defile the ride with their
> young love :)If you don't know what I'm
> talking about,refer to my earlier post on
> Phantom Theater.

How do teens get loose from the bars to vandalize the props? I have never heard makeout stories (I'm sure there are plenty), but I have heard vandalism stories, and I believe that is why they made that temporary rule. Maybe I'm wrong.

swOHman a.k.a. Brian

Re: Phantom Theather by MrDan at 4/17/00 2:47:04 AM

> They had over 700 complaints about
> this this weekend (friday, saturday), so
> this is really good news. So Lets go ride
> Phantom Theather.

THANK YOU COMPLAINERS! My trip to Ohio was just made quite a bit more enjoyable!

dan

Re: Just a thought and a question? by Alpengeist Alpengeist Profile at 4/17/00 9:21:40 AM

How do teens get loose from the bars to
> vandalize the props? I have never heard
> makeout stories (I'm sure there are plenty),
> but I have heard vandalism stories, and I
> believe that is why they made that temporary
> rule. Maybe I'm wrong. swOHman a.k.a. Brian

They don't pull the lap bar down all the way and somehow they get away with it. I know one time (a long time ago) that some of my friends would go in there, not pull the lap bar down all the way, then duck underneath the car so it looked like an empty train, then pop back up just as the ride was ending. We were very creative. And just for the record, I never once vandalized or made out on that ride...just knew people that did, and they will remain nameless...