Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Volcano Blast rules at PKD!!

Volcano Blast rules at PKD!!

Nagashima

Posted:
4/16/00 at
10:55:41 PM

Ok, here is the info. my company tells me I have to go to North Carolina for some SQL Database training...they are flying me first class into RDU...I say NO!! I'll drive..and drive I did so I could visit either BGW or PKD. I went to PKD today (Sunday) but was dissapointed to see the signs up that volcano was closed. I decided to do the woody trio (Hurler, Rebel Yell, and Grizzly) and started to walk over to Anaconda when I saw dangling feet from the volcano ride as it shot out of the top!! Let me tell all of you people..Volcano Blast was the best LIM I have been on yet. The first rush of launching up to some 70MPH DANGLING underneath the track and then BAM! more LIM charge and being sent up and out of the top and into a slew of barrel rolls and screaming turns....this ride is definitely a show stopper....a must go on if you happen to even consider stopping by virginia!! Sorry, little carried away, just loved PKD, my first visit and definitely not my last.. The staff was ultra friendly and cordial and the park was spotless. I only stayed 4 hours cuz I have to be at work back here in North Jersey so I cut the visit short, so happy to go on the Volcano Blast...

P.S. You gotta love the fire shooting out of the top and the sound effects and rumbling...now this is theming...Premier Pay Attention!! You too CP!!

Re: Volcano Blast rules at PKD!! by Capler at 4/17/00 10:53:38 AM

> Ok, here is the info. my company tells me I
> have to go to North Carolina for some SQL
> Database training...they are flying me first
> class into RDU...I say NO!! I'll drive..and
> drive I did so I could visit either BGW or
> PKD. I went to PKD today (Sunday) but was
> dissapointed to see the signs up that
> volcano was closed. I decided to do the
> woody trio (Hurler, Rebel Yell, and Grizzly)
> and started to walk over to Anaconda when I
> saw dangling feet from the volcano ride as
> it shot out of the top!! Let me tell all of
> you people..Volcano Blast was the best LIM I
> have been on yet. The first rush of
> launching up to some 70MPH DANGLING
> underneath the track and then BAM! more LIM
> charge and being sent up and out of the top
> and into a slew of barrel rolls and
> screaming turns....this ride is definitely a
> show stopper....a must go on if you happen
> to even consider stopping by virginia!!
> Sorry, little carried away, just loved PKD,
> my first visit and definitely not my last..
> The staff was ultra friendly and cordial and
> the park was spotless. I only stayed 4 hours
> cuz I have to be at work back here in North
> Jersey so I cut the visit short, so happy to
> go on the Volcano Blast... P.S. You gotta
> love the fire shooting out of the top and
> the sound effects and rumbling...now this is
> theming...Premier Pay Attention!! You too
> CP!!

Yes Volcano is a great ride and I'm glad that you got a chance to ride it. But I am scared to death of the "Volcano is closed today sign up front". God, I wish they could do something to make this ride more consistent. I am taking people there who have never been on Volcano in a few weeks. When I pull into the lot and if that sign is up, we are going to make a U-turn and head for BGW.