Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > SFGRAd Season pass day on easter is a joke!

SFGRAd Season pass day on easter is a joke!

Raging Bull Fan

Posted:
4/16/00 at
8:26:14 PM

I have a serious problem with season pass day being on easter! Also a special group will also be there. The problem is the second group is a jewish youth something. They do not celebrate easter so whats with this date? "I" think it is a total joke!

Re: The group will number about 5,000 by Ghost at 4/16/00 9:01:16 PM

My guess about Easter is that many people wouldn't go that day. The Hasidic Jewish group from Brooklyn (so I've been told) is around 5,000 people. It's just after Passover, their Easter equivalent. Their group booking and probable Kosher catering would mean revenue on an otherwise very slow day since most of us will be at church and family gatherings, myself included.

I can only hope that their insular and separatist lifestyle will cause many of them to be overwhelmed and frightened by some of the big and strange rides. That way you may be able to get quite a few rides on Chiller, provided its problems will have been fixed. I hope you and all other pass holders get lucky.

I also don't appreciate season pass holder day to fall on Easter, but think of Six Flags New England. The following entire weekend will be for pass holders only. If Superman is open, you'll be in for a real treat. Think about it.

Ghost (rider!)

Re: SFGRAd Season pass day on easter is a joke! by chillforce chillforce Profile at 4/16/00 10:27:06 PM

I always love riding coasters with the Rebbe s. these are people as well and are clebrating the Holiest of their Holidays as well. God Bless them.

Ed

Re: SFGRAd Season pass day on easter is a joke! by KMAN KMAN Profile at 4/16/00 10:55:17 PM

> I have a serious problem with season pass
> day being on easter! Also a special group
> will also be there. The problem is the
> second group is a jewish youth something.
> They do not celebrate easter so whats with
> this date? "I" think it is a total
> joke!

________

Actually, I think it is a smart move!! Why have season pass day on a day that is already going to be busy? This way, SFGrAdv may be able to attract people on a day that would normally be slow and make more money than if it were not a season pass day.

There are MANY people that are not Catholic and will not be celebrating Easter - me included. I'm looking forward to lots of quick rides on Easter and will be getting massive ride counts in! Nothing against Easter, but don't assume that everyone is celebrating it. Have a great Easter - whatever you're doing! --K

Re: SFGRAd Season pass day on easter is a joke! by chillforce chillforce Profile at 4/16/00 11:33:55 PM

Hey K, Easter is for all Christians, Don t give it just to the Catholics LOL. Crazy as it seems, the Moms seem to do the cooking for this Holiday while everyone is at the park, don t expect it to be a walk in the park. between 3 and 4 it quiets down though LOL.

Ed

Re: The group will number , just some notes by Russ at 4/16/00 11:43:31 PM

To all of those intending on attending on season pass holders day there are some things you shold know. This is the second year that GA will hold the day on Easter. The Jewish group annually attends, purchasing the park for all intents and purposes. It is on this day that season pass holders are also invited. Although it may seem like a good time to go, pass holders far outnumber the amount of walk ins on any given day in April. Being a Holy day it may seem like many would not attend, but crowds can be quite alarming towards noon when most families wrap up their religious and non religious obligations. A note to the last reply, the Jewish group, especially the kids and teens are not reserved about large intimidating coasters! These people do live a different lifestyle, but let us not mistake them for the Amish! Expect to be surprised about the crowds, your best time to go is still on a weekend like the one just passed, inclement!