Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > SFGADV Saturday Chiller problem

SFGADV Saturday Chiller problem

Medusa0871 Medusa0871 Profile

Posted:
4/16/00 at
5:26:08 PM

Did anyone else happen to see the Batman side of chiller go halfway up the loop before the curve and come right back down?? It happened at about 7pm. We were on our way out of the park and just happened to be in that area saw the ride go up as normal but it never made it all the ways up the loop it went stright up then right back down like there wasn't enough power to make it all the way around. just wanted to see if anyone else was there when it happened.Wondering if it will cause them to close this ride down for a while?

Re: Same thing happened to me in '99! by Ghost at 4/16/00 6:37:55 PM

I left the park at 1 PM, but this brings back memories from last August. I was on Batman Chiller when the second set of LIM's didn't engage and our train fell back after almost making it to the inversion point. An attendant mentioned that it was only the second time it happened during the season. They let the people on our train get a ride on Robin right away.

Incidentally, the ride was down all morning and when we got there about noon, a monstrous river of humanity trailed behind us.

Ghost (rider!)

Would this be considered a roll-back? by Jersey Joe at 4/16/00 7:25:15 PM

...like on Volcano? I'd like to see that happen. I have seen the trains stuck on the Robin side once or twice, but never saw it not complete the loop.

Jersey Joe

Jersey Joe's Coaster Pages

Re: SFGADV Saturday Chiller problem by Raging Bull Fan at 4/16/00 8:14:52 PM

> Did anyone else happen to see the Batman
> side of chiller go halfway up the loop
> before the curve and come right back down??
> It happened at about 7pm. We were on our way
> out of the park and just happened to be in
> that area saw the ride go up as normal but
> it never made it all the ways up the loop it
> went stright up then right back down like
> there wasn't enough power to make it all the
> way around. just wanted to see if anyone
> else was there when it happened.Wondering if
> it will cause them to close this ride down
> for a while? I didn't see that happen but I was waiting in line for the chiller at about 12:30 or something and it was having problems with one of the limit switches for the last brake before the tunnel exit. It was slowed down after they adjusted it(was on the second run)cause of it for safety reasons. Im not sure it was slowed down the whole day but it was very slow on my run!

Re: Same thing happened to me in '99! by MedusaJoe at 4/18/00 2:19:39 PM

> They let the people on our train get a ride on Robin right away.>

I dont think they would allow a second ride on the other side right away...In this circumstance, they close the ride (both sides) and take the train down and reassemble it in the station. Then possibly they would re-open the other side if everything is running fine with it. And the other side will be re-opened as soon as test runs have found that the problem was solved. I am in charge of Freefall and I saw this happen last week. And being a operator of Chiller, we know how to handle the situation to the best of our abilities.