Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > instructions on coasters,,,or how dumb people are

instructions on coasters,,,or how dumb people are

ioa rules

Posted:
4/16/00 at
12:27:55 PM

hi everyone just got back from bgt and mgm,,,i have seen just how dumb people are...while waiting in line to ride gwanzi i happened to be behibd some fine youth of our country ,,,they told 4 of them they could not carry anything on gwanzi,,,they asked why,,,as if they were in charge instead of the park,,,they then were told to put anything they had loose in a locker,,one of the real bright one asked the attendent do the lockers lock?(i swear this is true that was the question),,,as we stood in line to ride to teenage girls were getting in with purses and a backpack the ride operator came up and said they had to put there stuff in lockers again the same question why do i have to,,this held the ride up about 2 minutes why they figured out how to open and lock the lockers on the ride platform,,,so i now know why the ride operators are not happy at bgt,,,if you had to deal with this all day how would you be,,,so think about this when we all board rides of who these people have to deal with all day as they do there job....overall the coasters were great at bgt as usual light crowds but also light rain,,,mgm was packed so only one rnr coaster and twilight ride,,,,we left and went to epcot and rode test track,,,there was a 3 hour fast pass wait so we got in the singles line and were on in 5 minutes,,,,fun ride but not worth 3 hours,,,well enjoy all as i get ready for my next trip,,,bgw in june,,,,

Re: how dumb people are by RobLec RobLec Profile at 4/16/00 6:52:12 PM

> ... two teenage girls were getting in with
> purses and a backpack the ride operator came
> up and said they had to put there stuff in
> lockers again the same question why do i
> have to,,this held the ride up about 2
> minutes

It's really stupid when they want to carry their stuff on a stand-up coaster, like they're going to put it under their seat or something.

Re: instructions on coasters,,,or how dumb people by rocketmover at 4/17/00 10:46:12 AM

I swear this is true - standard PTC 24-passenger train, large group of people milling around platform, starting to gum up the works, obviously confused - empty train comes in but no one gets on - attendant asks what the problem is - answer: "There are 32 of us and we all want to ride together" Attendant says "but the train only holds 24." "but there are 32 of us and we all want to ride together, what should we do???" At this point one is sorely tempted to say one of the following: "well, we would be happy to hook a few cars on the train for you, but if we do that, it will fly off the track" or "OK, but 8 of you will have to ride on the seat dividers" You ain't seem "dumb and dumber" until you've worked on a roller coaster!!