Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Message for swOHman and Raze Fan!

Message for swOHman and Raze Fan!

PINK FLOYD FANATIC

Posted:
4/16/00 at
4:16:08 AM

It turns out to be that I am NOT the only Christian coaster lover on this board! I also feel the best way for a park to have a gay day if they should would be a day that is not opened to the public because it would make it peaceful for them not to worry about conflict or offending other people but just because someone is gay don't makes them a bad person(I use to think that way but I am trying to respect all poeple that I can!) but just feel that it may offends some people! Anyway if there is a gay person who loves coasters and Pink Floyd how can he be such a bad person! Now he needs to find his creator and he would be in good shape!(No I am NOT this person I am straight and God fearing) Just to say that I can't hate a person because he's gay! On the subject of coasters now I still was wondering about SFMM for 2001 and BGT(Is there enough land behind Kumba fior a 300 foot out & back giga???)BTW what type of music doe Raze play? I used to listen to a lot of Christian heavy metal bands like Barren Cross and Stryper and now they all broken up! I am disappointed that almost NO christian bands nowaday plays the hair metal music of the 80s! Sorry for getting a little off-topic! Can I have your email Raze Fan & swOHman?

PFF

Everyone should read this-- IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! by SFNEJer at 4/16/00 12:22:43 PM

Now he needs to find his
> creator and he would be in good shape!(No I
> am NOT this person I am straight and God
> fearing)

What if he/she believes in another god (other than yours)? OR, what if he/she does not believe in god at all? If you're going to tolerate everything else, you should also tolerate a person's religion (or lack thereof). It was this kind of attitude that caused the Spanish Inquisition, the slaughtering of the Mayans, Incas, and Aztecs, and the blaming of the Black Death on the Jews in the 1300s. I'm not saying that you're a bad person, I'm just saying that not everyone is a "straight and God fearing" Christian like you are. Does being gay make someone a bad person? I'd like to think not. But does being Jewish, Hindu, Native American, Buddhist, Dao, Legalist, Shintoist, etc., make someone a bad person? THAT is an intriguing question, and you should think about it. You can never convert all the "heathens" in this world. It's just like Inherit the Wind said: the church is there to support people, not push them away. Religion ultimately makes a wonderful servant, but a terrifying ruler. Just look at what happened in the Middle Ages with the tithe and everything. This has been my two cents. Not everyone is going to conform to your image!

--Jeremy

Re: Everyone should read this-- IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!! by PINK FLOYD FANATIC at 4/16/00 12:41:56 PM

> Now he needs to find his What if he/she
> believes in another god (other than yours)?
> OR, what if he/she does not believe in god
> at all? If you're going to tolerate
> everything else, you should also tolerate a
> person's religion (or lack thereof). It was
> this kind of attitude that caused the
> Spanish Inquisition, the slaughtering of the
> Mayans, Incas, and Aztecs, and the blaming
> of the Black Death on the Jews in the 1300s.
> I'm not saying that you're a bad person, I'm
> just saying that not everyone is a
> "straight and God fearing"
> Christian like you are. Does being gay make
> someone a bad person? I'd like to think not.
> But does being Jewish, Hindu, Native
> American, Buddhist, Dao, Legalist,
> Shintoist, etc., make someone a bad person?

No it doesn't! Sorry I didn't mean to push any belief! But this was more a personal message to 2 Christians on this board who doesn't have their e-mail address posted! You are not forced to agree or believe in what I believe! I just stated an opinion and there is no law that you have to agree with it! I din't say this guy was a bad person in fact you missed the point! I started to realized that being gay doesn't mean being a bad person neither does being a Jew, Buddisn or any other religion! As long as they don't try to harm anyone it up to a person really how they live! I was just stating my opinion what I felt this guy needed but he has THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE how he lives and is NOT a bad guy! I didn't mean to offend anyone or lead people the wrong way!

PFF

PFF
> THAT is an intriguing question, and you
> should think about it. You can never convert
> all the "heathens" in this world.
> It's just like Inherit the Wind said: the
> church is there to support people, not push
> them away. Religion ultimately makes a
> wonderful servant, but a terrifying ruler.
> Just look at what happened in the Middle
> Ages with the tithe and everything. This has
> been my two cents. Not everyone is going to
> conform to your image! --Jeremy

Re: Message for swOHman and Raze Fan! by swOHman at 4/16/00 8:43:45 PM

My e-mail is bravesfan777@hotmail.com. I really shouldn't have went on that rant last night because I didn't really understand what the guy was trying to say. Nobodody is bad becuase the way they live or what they believe and if they love coasters as much as I do they really can't be bad LOL. So to anyone I offended last night I apologize, and I hope you can understand where I was coming from.

swOHman a.k.a. Brian

enough PLEASE! by joe(PCW) at 4/17/00 12:13:36 AM

No it doesn't! Sorry I didn't mean to push any
> belief! But this was more a personal message
> to 2 Christians on this board who doesn't
> have their e-mail address posted! You are
> not forced to agree or believe in what I
> believe! I just stated an opinion and there
> is no law that you have to agree with it! I
> din't say this guy was a bad person in fact
> you missed the point! I started to realized
> that being gay doesn't mean being a bad
> person neither does being a Jew, Buddisn or
> any other religion! As long as they don't
> try to harm anyone it up to a person really
> how they live! I was just stating my opinion
> what I felt this guy needed but he has THE
> RIGHT TO CHOOSE how he lives and is NOT a
> bad guy! I didn't mean to offend anyone or
> lead people the wrong way! PFF PFF

As you can see, you people are creating another set of threads like what happened just down the page. Just end it. I dont like coming to this board and seeing all this BS. I know I dont have to read these posts, but as a regular visitor, I and many others on this board dont care for this. Please end this and go back to chatting coasters. Thanx guys :)

joe(PCW)

Oh Please by chillforce chillforce Profile at 4/17/00 12:20:46 AM

OK, can we go back to coasters and I really don t believe that a bi boardal post is all that bad. I actually think all this discussion was actually good and interesting. Yet, the continuation of this is not in the best interest either. If you go back, flaming was not used but personal feelings were expressed. I think that is great that we actually expressed our feelings openly without being idiots about it.

You guys should all be proud of what you had to say IMHO.

ED

Re: enough PLEASE! by PINK FLOYD FANATIC at 4/17/00 4:45:17 AM

> No it doesn't! Sorry I didn't mean to push
> any As you can see, you people are creating
> another set of threads like what happened
> just down the page. Just end it. I dont like
> coming to this board and seeing all this BS.
> I know I dont have to read these posts, but
> as a regular visitor, I and many others on
> this board dont care for this. Please end
> this and go back to chatting coasters. Thanx
> guys :) joe(PCW)

I'm ready to end this thread anyway and want to get back to coasters! I want to keep this board as peaceful as possible myself!

PFF

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.