Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > I'm sorry

I'm sorry

swOHman

Posted:
4/16/00 at
12:47:38 AM

I didn't know my post a little down the board would start such a big debate. I was just sticking up for what is right. I have never agreed with parks having gay days, and when I heard someone who didn't care about gays days, but who, I thought, would care about a Christian day, but was really just referring to the Christian Colitian (which does say some pretty outrageous and offbeat things sometimes that I do not always agree with) it fired me up. I hope you don't think less of me because I am not "politally correct" in my comments. and I apologize to AtlantaCoaster (go Braves), and Chillforce and anyone else who I offended. And please remove the thread Eric so we can put this behind us and be friends again, and talk about some coasters.

swOHman a.k.a. Brian

Re: I'm sorry by chillforce chillforce Profile at 4/16/00 1:16:08 AM

Brian, there is no sorry. America is a beautiful Mossaic of everything. It is not decaying but growing in maturity. There is no apology in that. Unless at times we get off topic, we cannot learn what the other parts of the US feel. It is sometmes necessary but Coasters should be our main concern. We as enthusiasts should be one and I love the hobby/sport and I love the people. Just remember that I am the only child of 5 born in Amreica of Irish immigrants and I don t want to live anywhere else. I love this country and am proud of it but when anyone says that the morals of this country have diminished, I will attack. Aint anywhere better than here. You see, this is the greatest place on earth and is the coaster capital of the world. It may have all started in Russia but only America could make it the best hobby on earth.

So from a proud American, stay the course, and ride the rails.

Ed

Re: I'm sorry by Kirk A. at 4/16/00 1:17:27 AM

> I was
> just sticking up for what is right

That is your opinion of what is right, this board is not for talking about your opinions on the lives of others, and how you think they should be lived, it's about your opinions of parks and coasters. User Submitted Picture

Re: I'm sorry by chillforce chillforce Profile at 4/16/00 1:25:06 AM

Kirk, I am sure that you are a wonderful person, your posts seem that way, but please don t feel posts are personal. If I did that, I would actually hate myself LOL. Then again, let others have their own opinions no matter what, you cannot change the world overnight.

ED

Re: I'm sorry, Brians a great guy and not prejeduc by Chuck at 4/16/00 1:37:48 AM

> Brian, there is no sorry. America is a
> beautiful Mossaic of everything. It is not
> decaying but growing in maturity. There is
> no apology in that. Unless at times we get
> off topic, we cannot learn what the other
> parts of the US feel. It is sometmes
> necessary but Coasters should be our main
> concern. We as enthusiasts should be one and
> I love the hobby/sport and I love the
> people. Just remember that I am the only
> child of 5 born in Amreica of Irish
> immigrants and I don t want to live anywhere
> else. I love this country and am proud of it
> but when anyone says that the morals of this
> country have diminished, I will attack. Aint
> anywhere better than here. You see, this is
> the greatest place on earth and is the
> coaster capital of the world. It may have
> all started in Russia but only America could
> make it the best hobby on earth. So from a
> proud American, stay the course, and ride
> the rails. Ed

Hey, Brians a good guy, im sure what ever he said was not meant as a insult to anyone, and im sure hes not predjeduce.

I met him friday and the impression i have of him is that he is a live and let live person and he is a blast to be around.

THis is not to meant to be a defence for Brian but a statement of the person i met. Hence Good Guy!

Chuck

I contacted Eric G. by swOHman at 4/16/00 3:43:52 AM

I contacted Eric G. by e-mail and ask him to remove the controversal thread. I took full blame for it. I hope this will not dimenish your thoughts of me.

swOHman a.k.a. Brian

Re: I contacted Eric G. by PINK FLOYD FANATIC at 4/16/00 4:19:29 AM

> I contacted Eric G. by e-mail and ask him to
> remove the controversal thread. I took full
> blame for it. I hope this will not dimenish
> your thoughts of me. swOHman a.k.a. Brian

No it won't! As a Chirstian myself as long as you are not trying to judge or finger point other poeple which I don't think that was you aim anyway I will have plenty of respect for the type of Christians that tries too accept people for who they are! :-) I found that thread interesting myself!

PFF

Re: I'm sorry by Flare at 4/16/00 6:19:31 AM

You see, this is
> the greatest place on earth and is the
> coaster capital of the world. It may have
> all started in Russia but only America could
> make it the best hobby on earth. So from a
> proud American, stay the course, and ride
> the rails. Ed

I thought Luxemborg was the world's coaster capital? ;-P

Dave *Who felt it was time to give Ed a little ribbing, since he AINT blowing off work today to come join us for a ride on her majesty.* :-)

My Final Comments on This Issue by AtlantaCoaster at 4/16/00 6:38:04 AM

Hi All...

This whole thread went SO horribly far off-topic that it wasn't even funny. Ed never meant to offend..that's apparent. Brian, you are certainly entitled to your opinions as well...and there is no harm in disagreeing. The point is this - during this rather lively exchange, everyone has remained civilized and behaved like an adult...and it was actually quite interesting, despite the fact that it strayed so far off-topic (a fact that I also contributed to).

Thanks for the apology...accepted...Let's move on. :-)

Best Regards, Bill M. / AtlantaCoaster

My 2 cents by Patripman Patripman Profile at 4/16/00 6:56:22 AM

> I didn't know my post a little down the
> board would start such a big debate. I was
> just sticking up for what is right. I have
> never agreed with parks having gay days, and
> when I heard someone who didn't care about
> gays days, but who, I thought, would care
> about a Christian day, but was really just
> referring to the Christian Colitian (which
> does say some pretty outrageous and offbeat
> things sometimes that I do not always agree
> with) it fired me up. I hope you don't think
> less of me because I am not "politally
> correct" in my comments. and I
> apologize to AtlantaCoaster (go Braves), and
> Chillforce and anyone else who I offended.
> And please remove the thread Eric so we can
> put this behind us and be friends again, and
> talk about some coasters. swOHman a.k.a.
> Brian

I know the original post want meant to do harm, but the real issue here is how it began. Again another cross post from RRC that we normally wouldnt see on URC. Of all the posts that have been done on this subject this is the first for URC that I can remember. This was a problem before until a certain poster who no longer posts here snapped one day and set things straight on said subject (cross posting). Like he once said leave it there, this is the URC. Patripman

Re: My 2 cents by chillforce chillforce Profile at 4/16/00 9:50:07 AM

Yes Bernard I am the culprit for that, yet I did so to let people know so they could choose for themselves. What I tried to accomplish just caused anguish and for that I am embarrassed. So the attitude I think I will take in the future is I will know and screw everyone else and damn you if you try to put my park down because you do not know. I will be more vigilant in that regard in the future. Is this better?

Re: I'm sorry by chillforce chillforce Profile at 4/16/00 9:59:51 AM

Dave I would love to be there but we have entered racings biggest time of the year. It started yesterday with the tune-ups for the Kentucky Derby and they actually gave me off for the Preakness as no one wrote that date down on the calendar yet.LOL I heard it was glorious there yesterday in the rain. Have a great day on Her Majesty MOM.

ED

Re: I'm sorry by O-High-O at 4/16/00 3:12:36 PM

I've known swOHman for 12 years. I've been his best friend for that whole length of time. In all those years of knowing him, I've NEVER seen a thread of prejudice in him! He is quite honestly the nicest persons you'll meet! My God it is scary how good he is. I am black and he is white and we have been through thick and thin, but NEVER prejudice. He is a the best best friend and coaster buddy you could be around. (A matter of fact, I turned him to an enthusiast). Brian loves all people, black and white, gay or straight, Christian or Buddhist. He is far from personal prejudice.

Re: I contacted Eric G. by Raze Fan at 4/16/00 3:47:37 PM

Hey everyone! Brian, I know think you are even cooler than ever with the way you stood up for your faith. PFF, I think you are cool, too! I will e-mail you, PFF and tell you my e-mail. Talk to everyone later! I hope no one thinks any less of me, either. :-) Brian, I would like to have your e-mail, too! :-)

><> Aaron <><

It's kind of funny... by swOHman at 4/16/00 9:06:44 PM

that you referred to us as acting like adults when I am only 16 LOL. Thank you for accepting my apology and again I reverberate GO BRAVES!!!!

swOHman a.k.a. Brian

SOB opens in less than two weeks!!!

Good point by swOHman at 4/16/00 9:52:33 PM

I did pretty much start this thing, but if you notice on my second post I realized what I was getting myself into and tried to stop it. I tried to keep this a rollercoaster forum by posting my e-mail address if people wanted to argue with me anymore on the topics of religion and morals. I did not mean to sway off the subject. I just lost my cool (which I rarely do) becuase I didn't feel very good I guess. Well this will be my last post on this subject (you can all start cheering LOL). Back to the great machines that are rollercoasters!

swOHman a.k.a. Brian

p.s. Thanks for all the people who stuck up for me and told everyone what a great guy I am when I don't get steamed. I really didn't try to show prejudice, becuase I'm far from it, but if I did I for the last time apologive.