Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > BGT zoning restriction question?? Anyone knows???

BGT zoning restriction question?? Anyone knows???

PINK FLOYD FANATIC

Posted:
4/15/00 at
8:58:12 PM

What is the current maximum height allowed for building a new ride at BGT?? I thought I've heard a year or two ago that they have got some variences made to allow for taller ride!

PFF

Re: BGT zoning restriction question?? Anyone knows by BrianG at 4/15/00 10:13:15 PM

I've heard it's around 210ft. but they do have some levrage whne bargaining with the city board to make it higher. BGT brings a lot of money to surrounding businesses and the city wants it to keep growing to generate more revenue!

Re: BGT zoning restriction question?? Anyone knows by PINK FLOYD FANATIC at 4/15/00 11:16:17 PM

> I've heard it's around 210ft. but they do
> have some levrage whne bargaining with the
> city board to make it higher. BGT brings a
> lot of money to surrounding businesses and
> the city wants it to keep growing to
> generate more revenue!

I hope there's no airport too close to the park!

Pff

Re: BGT zoning restriction question?? Anyone knows by Magnum Allan at 4/15/00 11:50:40 PM

Don't worry, there is no major airport near BGT and the smaller airports do not have flight paths over BGT - they should not have a problem getting height variances for any ride. They can basically build whatever they want. As far as new attractions go, IOA is hard to compete with don't use the "every three years scale." Sure - Kumba '93, Montu '96, Gwazi '99. Was IOA there then? NO! Now they have to compete with an Orlando park WITH large coasters. Expect a new B&M coaster in 2001, and maybe in 2002 a free fall for a back-to-back ride line-up. I would also not be surprised if they beefed up on flats. BGT will improve dramatically in the next five years; I will check out the height limit as soon as I can PFF! -Allan

Re: BGT zoning restriction question?? Anyone knows by PINK FLOYD FANATIC at 4/16/00 12:12:56 AM

> Don't worry, there is no major airport near
> BGT and the smaller airports do not have
> flight paths over BGT - they should not have
> a problem getting height variances for any
> ride. They can basically build whatever they
> want. As far as new attractions go, IOA is
> hard to compete with don't use the
> "every three years scale." Sure -
> Kumba '93, Montu '96, Gwazi '99. Was IOA
> there then? NO! Now they have to compete
> with an Orlando park WITH large coasters.
> Expect a new B&M coaster in 2001, and maybe
> in 2002 a free fall for a back-to-back ride
> line-up. I would also not be surprised if
> they beefed up on flats. BGT will improve
> dramatically in the next five years; I will
> check out the height limit as soon as I can
> PFF! -Allan

If that is the case I am hoping for a 335+foot tall B&M giga coaster with 9000 feet of track and a 330+ 80 degree first drop! If MF can go 80 degree with just a lap bar why not a B&M speed giga coaster? And mostly an out and back! I would think can do it if they make it an L-shaped out & back giga! After repeat rides on RB @ Coaster Pallooza's ERT I almost got sick but a looper would do me in quicker yet an out & back with a postive G of no more than 3.5 should allow me to stay on for a few hours straught before getting sick! I should be able to easily handle 50+ rides on AC if I was lucky enough to catch it on a slow day! My best friend has stayed on Kumba for 30 rides in a row without getting off! Something I CAN'T handle but and out & back hyper like AC I could do it! :-) BTW how much land is that open space behind Kumba and the Rapids ride??

PFF