Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > BOSS TESTING...SORT OF

BOSS TESTING...SORT OF

anonymous

Posted:
4/15/00 at
7:28:06 PM

They sent out the first Boss Train today...but it never made it through the ride. The train went up the lift, down the first drop, throught the first turn, up the hill to the second turnaround...and it made it only halfway into the second turnaround...and then it went backwards...it vallied its first train out! Nothing too serious though. They didn't run any trains after that, obviously. Hopefully they'll still have it up for media day. Usually media day is also employee day, so I'm hoping it will be Thursday as planned.

A SFSL employee who greatly enjoyed the Spring Premiere and the fact that the operations won the spirit award for the second year in a row.

Re: BOSS TESTING...SORT OF by Enigma at 4/15/00 7:32:01 PM

They sent another test run, and well guys it stopped on the second turnaround. They added antiroll backs on the train. Someone said that it went farther than the first test that happened earlier today. oh well, keep your fingers crossed!!

enigma

> They sent out the first Boss Train
> today...but it never made it through the
> ride. The train went up the lift, down the
> first drop, throught the first turn, up the
> hill to the second turnaround...and it made
> it only halfway into the second
> turnaround...and then it went backwards...it
> vallied its first train out! Nothing too
> serious though. They didn't run any trains
> after that, obviously. Hopefully they'll
> still have it up for media day. Usually
> media day is also employee day, so I'm
> hoping it will be Thursday as planned. A
> SFSL employee who greatly enjoyed the Spring
> Premiere and the fact that the operations
> won the spirit award for the second year in
> a row.

Re: BOSS TESTING...SORT OF by greatApe at 4/15/00 11:07:13 PM

> They sent another test run, and well guys it
> stopped on the second turnaround. They added
> antiroll backs on the train. Someone said
> that it went farther than the first test
> that happened earlier today. oh well, keep
> your fingers crossed!! enigma

I wonder if thats usual thing for a new coaster to do when its tested. I guess the that part of the ride will have no air time. hehe

-graetApe-

Re: BOSS TESTING...SORT OF by The Coaster Freak at 4/16/00 12:16:50 PM

No, this is completely normal. They are just breaking in the cars and the track. They added anti-rollbacks to the cars. It'll be fine.

Oh and to all users, I changed my name to Coaster Freak w/o the PH

Greg

Re: BOSS TESTING...SORT OF by xander at 4/16/00 5:36:25 PM

They left the train out on the track today. It was just sittin in the same spot all day. They were just getting ready to "push" the train further to get it through the rest of the track, when a tornado siren sounded. They left the train on the anti-rollback and high tailed it out of there. No tornados near six flags, but really nasty weather. Oh well there's always tomorrow.