Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Anyone Know anything about SFNE's Wildcat?

Anyone Know anything about SFNE's Wildcat?

/\ Blast Coaster

Posted:
4/15/00 at
5:57:20 PM

I need more info on Riverside (aka SFNE)'s old Wildcat coaster. What type of steel coaster was it? Did it have inversions? When did it open / close. Also, was it a typical Schwarzkopf Wildcat deign like at BGW and CP? Thanks for any info. you have!

COASTERnet - America's Best Coasters! (coasternet.danimation.com)

Re: Anyone Know anything about SFNE's Wildcat? by ramalama at 4/17/00 1:09:02 PM

Wow - that's been gone for a looong time. I was really little when that was still there, so I can't give you a lot of info, but I'd guess it was removed in the mid-to-late 70's. No inversions, it was the real skinny metal rails like a Galaxy coaster. I don't think it was a figure-8 design, though, but I could be remembering wrong....I just remember that it had the 4-man cars and was a really hurky-jerky wild mouse type of thing. And I think it was red. It was close to the entrance, I think, near the big slides that you went down on burlap bags and got wicked rug burn from. I miss those, too. -Amy

> I need more info on Riverside (aka SFNE)'s
> old Wildcat coaster. What type of steel
> coaster was it? Did it have inversions? When
> did it open / close. Also, was it a typical
> Schwarzkopf Wildcat deign like at BGW and
> CP? Thanks for any info. you have!