Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > PKI Phantom Theater

PKI Phantom Theater

Raptor Timmy

Posted:
4/15/00 at
4:49:36 PM

I read a post that adults can't ride this without a child. What is up with this? I have never though of this a kid's ride. I consider these kinds of rides fun for the whole family. This is also a ride that adults who can't ride or won't ride the coasters. PKI has too few non coaster rides. It's a wonderful park and probably tied with SFGAm for the best 1970s era theme parks. The lack of non coaster rides is my only complaint. Phantom Theater is a ride that is fun and a change of pace from the coasters. Granted once a day is enough but it is fun.

Re: PKI Phantom Theater by RobLec RobLec Profile at 4/15/00 9:16:44 PM

> I read a post that adults can't ride this
> without a child. What is up with this? I
> have never though of this a kid's ride.

They just had to do something. There was too much vandalism and malicious damage to the props. Probably the only reason it might be a kid's ride is the fact that it's located in HB land. Ideally they probably just want to make sure that only responsible adults are allowed to enter (such as those who have young children) and they couldn't just say "no one age 15 - 25 admitted".

> I consider these kinds of rides fun for the
> whole family. This is also a ride that
> adults who can't ride or won't ride the
> coasters.

Exactly. They may need to tweek the rules a bit.

> PKI has too few non coaster rides...
> Phantom Theater is a ride that is
> fun and a change of pace from the coasters.
> Granted once a day is enough but it is fun.

I take my kids to the Water Works a lot during the summer and we usually include a ride on PT before we leave. Also it's a great place to cool off on a hot day. Though the new rule won't affect me at all, it is unfortunate that a few rowdy individuals have ruined this fun attraction for many others.

Re: PKI Phantom Theater by Alpengeist Alpengeist Profile at 4/16/00 11:56:34 AM

I remember a few years ago, when I was a teenager, that that was always the "make out" ride. I'm guess they didn't want teens going in there and either defiling the ride scenery, or something else. The joke at my junior high used to be, everyone has a Phantom Theater story, whether it was their story, or a story of a friend.