Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Planning to visit CP first week.

Planning to visit CP first week.

Raptor Timmy

Posted:
4/15/00 at
4:30:20 PM

I am planning my first visit to CP the first week after opening weekend. The park should be fairly quiet. I would love to go opening weekend but probably won't get the time off.

here's when I am panning to go to CP other times in the summer. COASTERMANIA is a definate. I never miss this. Planning on getting to Sandusky Thursday night to get some extra rides. Sundays in June arn't that busy. Maybe Father's Day. July 4th. CP has the best fireworks around this area. Not usually as busy as the 3rd or fifth. Halloweekends-Not a big fan of the haunted houses but like to look at the displays along the midway.

See you at the point!

Re: Planning to visit CP first week. by CPAddict at 4/16/00 1:22:16 AM

I've been going to CP the first week they're open since 1994. Marathoning on Magnum--coaster heaven! Weekdays are best for light crowds, for sure. But I'm wondering how--or if--Millennium Force will affect crowd size during those first few weeks. And I'm now faced with a difficult decision: When I arrive, do I head straight for MF like everybody else and his brother? Or do I stay true to tradition and head back to Magnum??? HELP! One thing's for sure: MF's first drop is going to be like nothing else I've ever experienced.

Re: Planning to visit CP first week. by Scott Stouffer at 4/18/00 12:05:02 PM

goin on the 14th...definitely can't decide what i'm gonna do. i'm bringing my fiance (who loves rollercoasters, but hasn't been on anything bigger than the rides at Busch Gardens or MGM's new one), so i don't know what i should do...i think i'm gonna take her around the park and build up to the MF. But then again, if the weather doesn't look promising that day, I might just head straight for the MF...don't leave any chances... :)

> I've been going to CP the first week they're
> open since 1994. Marathoning on
> Magnum--coaster heaven! Weekdays are best
> for light crowds, for sure. But I'm
> wondering how--or if--Millennium Force will
> affect crowd size during those first few
> weeks. And I'm now faced with a difficult
> decision: When I arrive, do I head straight
> for MF like everybody else and his brother?
> Or do I stay true to tradition and head back
> to Magnum??? HELP! One thing's for sure:
> MF's first drop is going to be like nothing
> else I've ever experienced.