Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Talked to Vekoma about PGA '01 today...

Talked to Vekoma about PGA '01 today...

PGAJJB

Posted:
4/15/00 at
3:47:16 PM

Yes! I was stuck on the lift this morning of Stealth (a person's harness was a little TOO loose, and so they had to come up the lift with the battery pack and recheck and secure the harness). Anyways, when the Vekoma guys were on the way down the lift, I asked them if they had anything to do with our '01 Coaster, and they said "No", and of course I followed up with "Well, who then?" and they said "Oh, its an Italian Company thats doing the new one", an I was like "Oh, okay, thanks". So! Let the speculation begin! (hehe)

-PGAJJB

Re: Talked to Vekoma about PGA '01 today... by Johnny Mnemonic at 4/15/00 7:19:29 PM

> Yes! I was stuck on the lift this morning of
> Stealth (a person's harness was a little TOO
> loose, and so they had to come up the lift
> with the battery pack and recheck and secure
> the harness). Anyways, when the Vekoma guys
> were on the way down the lift, I asked them
> if they had anything to do with our '01
> Coaster, and they said "No", and
> of course I followed up with "Well, who
> then?" and they said "Oh, its an
> Italian Company thats doing the new
> one", an I was like "Oh, okay,
> thanks". So! Let the speculation begin!
> (hehe) -PGAJJB

Italian company? Wow, I don't know who that could be. Giovanola? Anyone want to take a stab at it? I give up lol!

Re: Talked to Vekoma about PGA '01 today... by Magnum Allan at 4/15/00 11:18:21 PM

Italian company? Wow, I don't know who that
> could be. Giovanola? Anyone want to take a
> stab at it? I give up lol!

*Well, Giovanola is a Swiss company so it can't be them. Pinfari and Zamperla are the only two Italian companies I can think of off the top of my head. Given Zamperla's lack of interest in coasters and more focus on flat rides and other non-rollercoaster type rides, I'd bet Pinfari will be the one. With all the rumors of elevator style lift, Pinfari was my first thought anyway. They have an elevator style ride where the entire station's track is lifted through a large tower, and then hydraulics move the station track parallel with the first drop. Train is released, hydraulics flatten the station track out, track is lowered back through the tower. End of story. Check out Pinfari's "Breathless" coaster. Here's the link. -Allan

Pinfari "Breathless" Coaster