Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Ok a good sub, What is the best looking????

Ok a good sub, What is the best looking????

OhioMike

Posted:
4/15/00 at
3:07:48 AM

What are number one, best looking "not in anyway it rides"

1)Train 2) Overal look in a coaster 3) And themaing. Most of all and the coolest ? is which has the best looking trains???

If you want to answer the rest go ahead. Just thought it would be a good subject to give a opinion on. Remember it has nothing to do with how good the ride is.

Re: What is the best looking???? by RobLec RobLec Profile at 4/15/00 9:16:19 AM

> What are number one, best looking "not
> in anyway it rides" 1)Train 2) Overal
> look in a coaster 3) And themaing. Most of
> all and the coolest ? is which has the best
> looking trains??? If you want to answer the
> rest go ahead. Just thought it would be a
> good subject to give a opinion on. Remember
> it has nothing to do with how good the ride
> is.

The best looking coaster ever has got to be Mean Streak. Coincidently, it's also the absolute worst riding coaster ever. But it's a beautiful structure to behold.

Re: Ok a good sub, What is the best looking???? by KMAN KMAN Profile at 4/15/00 10:08:54 AM

> What are number one, best looking "not
> in anyway it rides" 1)Train 2) Overal
> look in a coaster 3) And themaing. Most of
> all and the coolest ? is which has the best
> looking trains??? If you want to answer the
> rest go ahead. Just thought it would be a
> good subject to give a opinion on. Remember
> it has nothing to do with how good the ride
> is.

Hmmnn. I'd say that the best looking coasters I have seen have to be LNM when viewed from the bridge going from San Marco to Bavaria at BGW. Also, I agree with Rob that Mean Streak is the best *looking* woodie I have seen (of course the ride delivered is the complete opposite). Also, when viewed from above, the lacewing layout of Racer at PKI is beautiful.

My favorite trains and themeing are also at BGW. Sometimes I don't like themeing that goes over the edge and Alpengheist doesn't go too far. I like that the actual coaster is themed with the lift hill supports mimmicking European ski lift supports. The train with the skis on them are quite impressive as is the snow and icicles. Magnum XL-200 has cool looking trains as well.

Re: Ok a good sub, What is the best looking???? by Johnny Mnemonic at 4/15/00 10:49:26 AM

Intamin! Intamin! Intamin! That's all I can say. I love the minimalist structures for S:ROS and MF, they look like works of art. I also love the MF cars, they are completely cool. The theming on the coasters is the only thing lacking, but I think that falls more in the hands of the park.

Re: Ok a good sub, What is the best looking???? by Matthew at 4/15/00 7:28:52 PM

1)Train Riddler's Revenge 2)overal look in a coaster B&M inverts 3)theming Alpengeist

Six Flags Magic Mountain