Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > SFGAm being sued

SFGAm being sued

Ken

Posted:
4/14/00 at
11:46:30 PM

he people who got stranded on Demon in 98' are sueing SFGAm for "fear, and stress related reasons". Got this from FOX

Re: SFGAm being sued by chillforce chillforce Profile at 4/14/00 11:59:48 PM

Got this from FOX

Like this will surprise you? Anyway, I heard it from foxy lettuce first

Ed

Re: SFGAm being sued by MrDan at 4/15/00 10:21:28 PM

> he people who got stranded on Demon in 98'
> are sueing SFGAm for "fear, and stress
> related reasons". Got this from FOX

I don't know when you heard this or if you saw a re-run, but I saw the same stuff about a year ago. The people claimed that someone got off the ride and said that it, "Felt really weird" to a ride op, and because of that there was sufficent reasoning to shut down the ride and have it completely inspected.

The failed logic behind this is tons of people get off roller coasters and say stuff like that. An investigation into if the park was at all negligent turned up to be false. The ride had been passed through it's morning maintenance earlier that day and had been running flawlessly.

If it's a new case, I hope this case gets the exact same verdict as the one that I heard about... SFGAm is not at fault in any way, and by going on a roller coaster like that you accept any and all risks that may be involved with the regular operation.

dan

Re: SFGAm being sued by Freak at 4/16/00 7:40:40 PM

> Got this from FOX Like this will surprise
> you? Anyway, I heard it from foxy lettuce
> first Ed I hope this doesn't go through, a couple of lawsuits like this could set bad precedents and end the construction of new thrill rides forever.

Re: SFGAm being sued by chillforce chillforce Profile at 4/17/00 12:32:40 AM

It is more afraid of the bill before congress right now than anything. Markey has to be stopped but how many have contacted their US reps to put a stop to it? Apathy will be opur worst enemy.

Ed