Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Warning about a date at Great Adventure

Warning about a date at Great Adventure

chillforce chillforce Profile

Posted:
4/14/00 at
11:19:33 PM

I have been laughing all night at a debate on RRC but I wanted to give those of you with families a warning about a date at SFGA. The thread is about Gay Day at GA and I have never seen such a big deal about it before at the park. I mean there is even a web site included on it.

I don t have any problems with it, but I do want to warn the people with families that would not want their children exposed to it. I know that I sound like an alarmist bu that is not the reason I am posting. I am posting for those that "DO" have a problem. The date is June 17th. If you "DO" have a problem with it, stay away from the park that day.

Ed

Re: Warning about a date at Great Adventure by Ripples at 4/14/00 11:35:06 PM

> I have been laughing all night at a debate
> on RRC but I wanted to give those of you
> with families a warning about a date at
> SFGA. The thread is about Gay Day at GA and
> I have never seen such a big deal about it
> before at the park. I mean there is even a
> web site included on it. I don t have any
> problems with it, but I do want to warn the
> people with families that would not want
> their children exposed to it. I know that I
> sound like an alarmist bu that is not the
> reason I am posting. I am posting for those
> that "DO" have a problem. The date
> is June 17th. If you "DO" have a
> problem with it, stay away from the park
> that day. Ed

Now this is one day I am bringing Lucy to that park. I may even dress her up and parade her around. I have access to a helium tank and few pounds of that stuff will have her floating around. Now let me go shopping and find a nice dress for her to wear. Oh by the way when is gang day at SFGADV, that is another day I will want to stay aawy. Come to think about it this just gave me a costume idea for Phall Phunpheast this year. Let me write this down. Ripples

Re: Warning about a date at Great Adventure by chillforce chillforce Profile at 4/14/00 11:48:12 PM

Thats it, I vote that we want Patripman and Riples is trouble LOL. Where is Bernard plase? LOL

Ed

Re: Warning about a date at Great Adventure by Kirk A. at 4/15/00 12:02:46 AM

Now this is one day I am bringing Lucy to that
> park. I may even dress her up and parade her
> around. I have access to a helium tank and
> few pounds of that stuff will have her
> floating around. Now let me go shopping and
> find a nice dress for her to wear. Oh by the
> way when is gang day at SFGADV, that is
> another day I will want to stay aawy. Come
> to think about it this just gave me a
> costume idea for Phall Phunpheast this year.
> Let me write this down. Ripples

RIPPLES, to quote from the TOS of this site

"All users are reminded to refrain from bashing or flaming other users in your posts. Posts that contain flames or unnecessary bashing will be removed at the discretion of the webmaster/administrator."

I would consider comparing a gay day to gangs as flaming, not going is your choice to talk about, but this isn't a board to talk about...what you said. User Submitted Picture

Re: Warning about a date at Great Adventure by The Nor Easter at 4/15/00 12:04:35 AM

.....from what a few people were crying about last year you'd think everyday was gang day...

Re: Warning about a date at Great Adventure by chillforce chillforce Profile at 4/15/00 12:26:42 AM

Kirk, first of, you have to understand that Patripman has no humor, ripples does and this is not a bashing really. Can t we all get along here? So remember this and stay calm. They also hate GA, well maybe not hate, but are not fond of the park because of the guests mainly. I just say at least there are not many drive bys on the4 East Coast but Pissburgh is another country anyway LOL

Ed

Why A "Warning"? by AtlantaCoaster at 4/15/00 11:38:14 AM

Hi Ed...

While I can appreciate your intent, categorizing it as a WARNING is somewhat harsh... It only plays to that segment of the population that would seek to CHOOSE to continue to misunderstand what gay people are about. I recognize that you are merely suggesting that anyone who has issues about this choose another day. Myself, I'm interested in riding coasters, so I don't REALLY care who is there so long as it's fun. And the gay community generally IS fun. Live and let live, people.

"We're coming for your children...what we can't f**k, we'll eat." There are people who actually believe this tripe about the gay community. If you believe THAT, you had best keep an eye on your own shadow...you never know. Oh...and send your money to Pat Robertson...THAT'LL take care of everything. Remember his prediction that Orlando was going to get hit by a strong hurricane as "punishment" for Disney's Gay Day? The very next hurricane hit Virginia Beach directly (Robertson's headquarters) ...Hurricane Bonnie, in 1998, for those who are trying to remember. THAT shut him up.

Anyhow, I'll be looking for your warnings about Christian Coalition Day, Militia Day, and other events that people need to be "warned" away from.

Personally, I prefer the "let's all get along" approach....

Sorry for the soapbox Ed...I know you meant well, but it struck a chord.

Best Regards, Bill M. / AtlantaCoaster

I am a little offended by your comments. by swOHman at 4/15/00 7:02:40 PM

Anyhow, I'll be looking for your warnings
> about Christian Coalition Day, Militia Day,
> and other events that people need to be
> "warned" away from.

This is offensive to me and I'm sure there has to be someone else offended by this. Being born and raised in the church this really made me angry. I don't exactly agree with what Pat Robertson said, but as a Christian I do disagree with the gay lifestyle. And are you referring to Christians as a militia? because I don't know any Christians against the US government. I don't mean to start any arguments with this, but your comments just made me a little angry.

swOHman a.k.a. Brian

Re: I am a little offended by your comments. by Jeff Tolotti at 4/15/00 7:41:41 PM

> I don't mean to start any
> arguments with this, but your comments just
> made me a little angry.

Then you missed his point.

Jeff

Re: Why A "Warning"? by chillforce chillforce Profile at 4/15/00 8:50:27 PM

Bill, you are absolutely correct. I tried like hell to make this as least offensive to anyone that I could, I even had someone read it to make sure. All I was trying to do was warn people with children that if they prefer not to have their children exposed in anyway to the gay community, then they had warning and could not blame the park as others have tried in the past. Even though the park cannot control that.

Yet, I would also warn you of any religious group being at the park. Such as next week, for season pass day. The group is Hasidic Jews as a rule, but I do not know for sure. Therefore I cannot make that warning. And I would also like a warning about any prostylizing group.

ED

now I'm offended by Michelle at 4/15/00 8:52:37 PM

I just say at least
> there are not many drive bys on the East
> Coast but Pissburgh is another country
> anyway LOL Ed

Pissburgh! ARGH!!!!!!!! If you are from the 'Burgh, how dare you refer to it as "Pissburgh"...shame on you. :-)

A former season ticket holder at Three Rivers...GO STEELERS! or should i say, stillers? lol

Re: now I'm offended by chillforce chillforce Profile at 4/15/00 9:48:30 PM

Michele, I am sorry but this was meant to be a slap at Ripples. But I do have have a problem in Pburgh, you see, when I go to Kennywood, I try to wear a Devil shirt since a young lady told me I had nerve a couple of years ago when the Devils won the Cup and I wore the Cup shirt to the Park that day. Ever since then, I have no respect for the men and am afraid of the women LOL.

Anyway, go Devils, Giants, Nets, Mets, Metro Stars, etc, etc, etc. LOL. New Jersey has everything.

Ed

Re: I am a little offended by your comments. by swOHman at 4/15/00 9:52:20 PM

Then you missed his point. Jeff

I understand what he was trying to say, I just think he could have said it without putting down Christians. I understand the gay community, and I and millions of other people in this country think it is wrong. We don't think that the people who are doing it are bad people we just think that what they are doing is wrong. This country was built on Christain principles, but they all seem to be lost now. If a park wants to have a gay day than let them, but they should do what PKI is doing and anounce that day as closed to the GP. I don't want to start a big discussion about religion and morals, so lets just leave it at this and talk about something we can all agree on and that is our love for rollercoasters. If you want to debate with me about some more do it through e-mail. My e-mail address is bravesfan777@hotmail.com (please no John Rocker jokes, I didn't like what he said and the way he said it)

swOHman a.k.a. Brian

p.s.- God loves everyone including gay people, he is just hurt by what they are doing.

Now you riled me by chillforce chillforce Profile at 4/15/00 10:20:05 PM

The morals of this country are not changed and that seems to be a "Christian" problem. Christians love to have wars. No militias guy, how about the people who kill abortion doctors in the name of Christ. How about the christian hate groups. there are none, wake up.

Remember what the Preamble to the Constituion states. And not the Pat Buchanan version but the actual. Quote "We hold these truth to be self evident, that all men are created equal, and are endowed by "THEIR" creator" end quote. This means that what a person believes is right by their God or whatever, within the the leagality of the laws of the US is right. It means that we can look at Coasters as Gods if we choose.

So if your offended by that, I refuse to apologize, but I do have respect for anyone and everyone that repects others, I don t care who. I ride coasters and enjoy them, with anyone and without regard to what they may be or who they may be. We are all equal on a coaster.

ED

Re: I am a little offended by your comments. by Flare at 4/15/00 10:24:09 PM

> p.s.- God loves everyone including gay
> people, he is just hurt by what they are
> doing.

This is NOT a religious forum...nor is it one of *lifestyle* discussion. Ed's intention was to make people, LIKE YOU, aware of a particular day that migh be offensive to you..

*plugs nose*

*Not a flame*

Dave

There Was No Put-Down by AtlantaCoaster at 4/15/00 10:29:25 PM

Hi swOhioman:

I did not issue a put-down to Christians. I spoke about the Christian Coalition - a POLITICAL action committee which has little (if anything) to do with Christian principles. Apparently, they have been successful in blurring this point in the minds of their supporters. If anything, they b*stardize the principles they purport to believe in....

I used Pat Robertson to illustrate my point as well...regardless of his religious affiliation, he stood up, wagged a finger, and claimed what God was going to punish a segment of the population. I believe he has little to do with Christian principles as well...it's all about self-promotion, raising money and maintaining "power".

None of this should be constued as a putdown to anyone's faith...I practice what I preached in my initial message...I live and let live...I'm here to ride coasters....Let's talk about Son of Beast or Raptor the next time... Thanks for your comments.

Best Regards, Bill M. / AtlantaCoaster

Re: I am a little offended by your comments. by Jeff Tolotti at 4/15/00 11:46:45 PM

> I understand what he was trying to say, I just
> think he could have said it without putting
> down Christians.

Like I said, you didn't understand what he was trying to say.

AtlantaCoaster states that Ed should not have termed his post about Gay Day at SFGAd a "Warning" unless he intended to "warn" people about other possibly offensive days. Example: Ed warns about Gay Day due to crowds and/or possible offensiveness. Ed also later warns about a particular religious day because they might be crowded or somehow offend another person. (I've personally witnessed some raucous Christian group behavior, though nothing I'd term offensive.)

If one finds Gay Day offensive, then they would probably agree with the warning being posted. They should also understand that other group days might offend other people. If you believe that posting a warning about Christian days is inappropriate without considering that some might appreciate that warning just like you appreciate Gay Day warnings, then you show hypocrisy, plain and simple. Likewise, if you think that making negative comments about Christians on this board is inappropriate, there are plenty who feel your comments in this thread are equally so.

Jeff

You riled me, too! by Raze Fan at 4/15/00 11:55:17 PM

For one thing, Christians DO NOT love to have wars, they just stand up for what is right! As for the ones who kill the doctors, it can not be a message from the ONLY God, Jesus Christ, because he would NEVER tell ANYONE to kill someone! That is all I am going to say about this.

><> Raze Fan <><

P.S. swOHman, Keep up the faith! I will have to e-mail you sometime.

P.S. In case you were wondering, My username comes from the CHRISTIAN Music Group, RAZE. Check them out sometime! :-)

never mind the subject of the last message. by Raze Fan at 4/15/00 11:59:07 PM

nm

Now I offend on Purpose by chillforce chillforce Profile at 4/16/00 12:05:30 AM

Where are the LIONS when you really need them. LOL Just cannot resist.

Ed

Re: Now you riled me by swOHman at 4/16/00 12:35:08 AM

I did not want to start a fight with my post. I just get a little overworked when Christians are put down, just ask my friend O-High-O, we have had the longest debates about such things. About the militia groups, some people think they are doing God's work who are really doing the work of the devil. These people are not Christians. Like I said if you have any more points just e-mail me. I didn't want to turn this discussion board into a religious or political forum. I just want to discuss the topics of coasters and theme parks. And whoever called me a hypocrit please look that word up in the dictionary. It really means to put yourself higher than someone else and I didn't say I was better than any gay person on this earth.

swOHman a.k.a. Brian

p.s.- Just becuase I disagree with many of you dosen't mean I think less of you in any way. Many of you have been very helpful to me.

Re: Now you riled me by Jeff Tolotti at 4/16/00 12:50:52 AM

> And whoever called me a
> hypocrit please look that word up in the
> dictionary. It really means to put yourself
> higher than someone else and I didn't say I
> was better than any gay person on this
> earth.

No, that's not the definition of hypocrite at all. I'm not satisfied with my usage of it either.

: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion

I did not call you a hypocrite. I said *if* you think that warning about Christian dayd is wrong but warning about gay days is fine, then that would constitute hypocrisy. But it doesn't really line up with the definition. I was actually kinda surprised to read the dictionary definition in this case, as I had always thought "hypocrite" meant one who says one thing and does another, which isn't *exactly* the true definition. Still, you can whine about negative comments towards Christianity all you want, but when you turn right around and make negative comments on other off-topic issues, then you have no right to complain in the first place. If Atlanta's post was against terms of usage, that's one thing. It was not. These off-topic posts are, however, and I expect them to be removed soon. I won't continue after this unless it involves parks or coasters.

Jeff

Re: Now you riled me by chillforce chillforce Profile at 4/16/00 12:59:49 AM

Jeff, I agree with you and this has gone far and beyond what I thought. I did not ever mean this to happen. I actually was trying to make a warning so that the park could not be slammed as I have heard in the past. And I have heard it. What I never expected is this forum to fall to the level of RRC and now I see there may be no difference in the people. How devastated I am tonight by just this thought. But I will always live tyo annoy everyone when needed

ED

Who thought URC was more class than RRC and now canot say that anynmore

Thanks for clearing it up by swOHman at 4/16/00 3:31:53 AM

I think Pat Robertson made a big mistake by saying that. God doesn't punished people by killing them or hurting them. I don't even know why I went off like that. I shouldn't have done it. I hope Eric removes this thread ASAP. To get back to the topic of coasters SOB is awsome looking. I saw it in peron on Friday and it is huge. I hope you will still like me.

swOHman a.k.a. Brian

p.s.- Go Braves

TRanslators wanted by Ken Williams at 4/16/00 4:12:49 AM

I think that it entirely possible to make these comments in fairness to those who don't feel comfortable around people they don't understand. In our society we have the liberty to think and feel any number of different ways. Not everyone ascribes to the same things. Where there is intolerance, most notably in the so called "family" sector, an advisory of an upcoming reality check is in order. We like to pass down our values to our children and protect them from harm. Often times we are misguided by prejudice. An amusement parkis not the place to learn a hard lesson.

Re: Now you riled me by Jersey Joe at 4/17/00 10:04:31 PM

> ED Who thought
> URC was more class than RRC and now canot
> say that anynmore

Now Ed, you know that URC has some bad eggs from time to time, but it never has crates full. There's no comparison between the flame wars that have happened here and those on RRC. Some of them there were of gigantic proportion. But I do agree with your original intention to "alert" or "inform" people when Gay Day is at SFGAdv. Nothing wrong with informing people.

Jersey Joe

PS: Was that classy enough for ya? lol

Jersey Joe's Coaster Pages