Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Falling star/rainbow and magic carpet locations

Falling star/rainbow and magic carpet locations

Raptor Timmy

Posted:
4/14/00 at
4:44:01 PM

Does anyone know of parks that have this kind of ride. I know Holiday World has the banshee and kennywood has a flying carpet. Anyone know of anything more.

Re: Falling star/rainbow and magic carpet location by joe(PCW) at 4/14/00 5:08:59 PM

> Does anyone know of parks that have this
> kind of ride. I know Holiday World has the
> banshee and kennywood has a flying carpet.
> Anyone know of anything more.

Well, Marineland Ont, Canada has a ride called the flying dragon. Its a rare ride you wont see in too many other places, but it does exactly what the flying carpet does except you sit in rows like if it were a swinging ship ride and the platform is in shape of a dragon. There may be a pic on their website. Other parks I know of with these rides are 1.) La Ronde in montreal-they have a flying carpet. 2.) SFEG in Colarado has a huss Rinbow. 3.) SFKK-Rainbow (Or did they get ride of it?) 4.) Waldemer park and waterworld in Erie PA has a flying carpet. The Great Escape in Lake George NY has a falling Star. 5.) Wonderland park in Texas has a huss Rainbow which I think was new there for 99. Thats all I know for now.

joe(pCW)

Falling star@ SFA nm by GR8 Ump at 4/14/00 5:13:21 PM

Gran Slammer @ KBF and Jambo @ SFMW(nm) by geygi at 4/14/00 6:03:34 PM

> .

SFMW and Knott's by Brian Grapes at 4/14/00 6:04:08 PM

Six Flags Marine World has one called Jambo. Knott's Berry Farm has one too, but I can't remember the name of there's.

Brian Grapes

Ultimate Theme Park Guide

Re: Falling star/rainbow and magic carpet location by Raze Fan at 4/14/00 6:04:31 PM

SFSTL has I think a Falling Star called "Rush Street Flyer", themed to a flying streetcar. Below is a link to a page with a pic of it. Just click "Six Flags St. Louis" and then "Rush Street Flyer" if you want to see it. I think it is a falling star because when you are waiting in line and it is swinging, on the bottom there are what looks like little lights with stars around them. I don't think they ever use the lights, but that would be my guess as to what they are. SFGAm also has one called "Trail Blazer" (Correct me if I'm wrong).

Re: Falling star/rainbow and magic carpet location by Raze Fan at 4/14/00 6:06:05 PM

SFSTL has I think a Falling Star called "Rush Street Flyer", themed to a flying streetcar. Below is a link to a page with a pic of it. Just click "Six Flags St. Louis" and then "Rush Street Flyer" if you want to see it. I think it is a falling star because when you are waiting in line and it is swinging, on the bottom there are what looks like little lights with stars around them. I don't think they ever use the lights, but that would be my guess as to what they are. SFGAm also has one called "Trail Blazer" (Correct me if I'm wrong).

The pic

Re: Tim- you had to make me think on a Friday?!? by sparky sparky Profile at 4/15/00 12:16:38 PM

Let's see...Chance Falling Stars (i.e. HW's Banshee) are located at: 1)Holiday World 2)Michigan's Adventure 3)Fun Forest (Oak's Park) 4)Indiana Beach 5)SFSTL 6)Knott's Berry Farm 7)Knott's Camp Snoopy 8)Valleyfair

Zamperla Jokers are located at: 1)Rye Playland 2)Dorney Park 3)SFGAM 4)SFMW

Zierer Flying Carpets are located at: 1)BGW 2)Kennywood

Huss Rainbows are located at: 1)Great Escape 2)SFEG 3)SFKK 4)Hersheypark

I believe Knoebel's is the last park left that operates a Weber 1001 Nights. This ride once operated at parks everywhere- LI's Adventureland and Fla's Boardwalk and Baseball had one at one time.

Some recently removed rides of this genre include: SFGADV's Sky Pilot (unique double car Intamin contraption), SFNE's Slingshot (Zierer Flying Carpet), and Clementon Lake's Chance Falling Star. Moreys' Wild Wheels Pier also had a Falling Star that was removed after the '96 season and Morey's removed the Weber 1001 Nights from Mariner's Landing this season.

There are a few others I'm sure- I believe one of the parks in Myrtle Beach has a Falling Star or Rainbow, not sure.

Today's Carnival Market has a ride from ARM (European division of Chance Rides) called the Ali Baba which is a smaller version of the Huss Rainbow that is easier transported.

-sparky