Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Homepark's most tired rumor isn't even true

Homepark's most tired rumor isn't even true

DarkRideDan

Posted:
4/14/00 at
3:06:42 PM

I read an article on Clementon Lake Park's opening in today's newspaper. The park makes a point (the article is basically a reprint every year)of mentioning how better their 50 acres are, as compared to the corperate parks surrouding them. They feel patrons are safer, and it is a more friendly environment. (Dorney, SFGAdv, Hershey Park, and Dutch Wonderland are mentioned as competitiors)

I am not sure if the park has any specific incident in mind at any one park. I can only remember one park having incidents that involved death or injury (that were truly the fault of the park or an employee). The one park that these incidents happened (that I remember in my life) time were at Clementon Lake Park.

I know we live in a booming time of amusement parks and rides, and we have seen how silly some parks get with their competition. I always thought that misinformed people caused negative rumors about a park's reputation. Maybe other parks cause these rumors?

What rumor about the reputation of your home park are you sick of hearing, that you don't even find to be true?

i.e SFA - bad ride ops or SFGAdv- lines are long (my other favorite parks in 0-Town tend to be much longer)--all popular parks have this problem in the peak season

Re: Homepark's most tired rumor isn't even true by rocketmover at 4/14/00 3:53:56 PM

For as long as I can remember (at least 30+ years), Knoebels is being sold to: Six Flaggs, Disney, Hershey, "the Japanese" etc. These seem to surface every two-to-three years with absolutely no basis in fact whatsoever. No one can ever trace where they originate from nor can you convince the rumor-monger that its not true. But Knoebels is still owned & operated by people named Knoebel. Incidentally, two new Knoebels recently appeared on the scene, the first members of the 5th generation. Brian Knoebel (Dick's son) and Trevor Knoebel (Ron's son) each are new fathers.

Re: Homepark's most tired rumor isn't even true by acer at 4/14/00 6:20:31 PM

#1 Vortex is sinking #2 Son of Beast will/won't open this weekend! LOL

acer

Re: Homepark's most tired rumor isn't even true by swOHman at 4/15/00 1:01:07 AM

I'm tired of people saying that PKI has bad food. Have you ever been to Wings diner and got Montgomery Inn ribs. If you call that bad food you have lost your tastebuds LOL.

swOHman a.k.a. Brian

Re: Homepark's most tired rumor isn't even true by PINK FLOYD FANATIC at 4/15/00 2:14:31 AM

> I read an article on Clementon Lake Park's
> opening in today's newspaper. The park makes
> a point (the article is basically a reprint
> every year)of mentioning how better their 50
> acres are, as compared to the corperate
> parks surrouding them. They feel patrons are
> safer, and it is a more friendly
> environment. (Dorney, SFGAdv, Hershey Park,
> and Dutch Wonderland are mentioned as
> competitiors) I am not sure if the park has
> any specific incident in mind at any one
> park. I can only remember one park having
> incidents that involved death or injury
> (that were truly the fault of the park or an
> employee). The one park that these incidents
> happened (that I remember in my life) time
> were at Clementon Lake Park. I know we live
> in a booming time of amusement parks and
> rides, and we have seen how silly some parks
> get with their competition. I always thought
> that misinformed people caused negative
> rumors about a park's reputation. Maybe
> other parks cause these rumors? What rumor
> about the reputation of your home park are
> you sick of hearing, that you don't even
> find to be true? i.e SFA - bad ride ops or
> SFGAdv- lines are long (my other favorite
> parks in 0-Town tend to be much longer)--all
> popular parks have this problem in the peak
> season

Valleyfair being brought out by Six Flags!

PFF

Re: Homepark's most tired rumor isn't even true by MrDan at 4/15/00 10:32:06 PM

My homepark is SFGAm and I am absolutely, positively sick of people telling me that they were stuck upside-down on Batman the Ride in 1992 because it's "motor shut off." I'm a leader in a Boy Scout Troop here, and from '92 until '97 whenever people would talk about SFGAm, at least one of them was stuck upside-down in the loop because the ride's motor shut off. UGH.

dan

Re: Homepark's most tired rumor isn't even true by DarkRideDan at 4/16/00 10:38:50 AM

My homepark is SFGAm and I am absolutely,
> positively sick of people telling me that
> they were stuck upside-down on Batman the
> Ride in 1992; whenever people would talk about SFGAm, at least one of them
> was stuck upside-down in the loop because
> the ride's motor shut off. UGH. dan

Now that's what I'm talking about.. My sister has had three steady boyfriends the last ten years. Two of them were in line in Great Adventure when the Haunted Castle Across the Moat burned and the other when the girl ejected herself from the park via Lightnin' Loops. Many other friends have also told me this "story." If this is possible, wouldn't walk ways at the Park be paved with gold, instead of almost closing down a few season's later??