Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Discovery Channel -- London Eye

Discovery Channel -- London Eye

rocketmover

Posted:
4/14/00 at
8:36:37 AM

Last night the Discovery Channel ran an hour long program on the London Eye/Millenium Wheel. I had heard about all of the construction problems but had no idea what the thing is actually like. The show was very interesting as well as educational. Would like to hear from one of the Brits (Cal, you out there?) who has actually ridden it. Apparently will be around for at least 5 years, so still lots of time to get there.

Re: Discovery Channel -- London Eye by Dustijn Hollon at 4/14/00 10:35:46 AM

I'm sorry but I can't resist this

"You and me baby ain't nothing but mammals so let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel"

Ok now back to the subject...why would anyone want to ride a ferris wheel that takes that long to go around just once? I know it's high and everything, but I don't see the point.

I'd much rather ride a roller coaster :)

D

Re: Discovery Channel -- London Eye by d n s u at 4/14/00 2:13:49 PM

> Last night the Discovery Channel ran an hour
> long program on the London Eye/Millenium
> Wheel. I had heard about all of the
> construction problems but had no idea what
> the thing is actually like. The show was
> very interesting as well as educational.
> Would like to hear from one of the Brits
> (Cal, you out there?) who has actually
> ridden it. Apparently will be around for at
> least 5 years, so still lots of time to get
> there.

Better still why not experience it for yourself at www.british-airways.com/londoneye?...er..its quite good. Your'e going to have to hurry though if you want a ride as it takes about 5 years to go round.