Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > What is the Missile Chaser @ SFOT?

What is the Missile Chaser @ SFOT?

Raze Fan

Posted:
4/13/00 at
11:28:44 PM

I was looking at a 2000 map on a website and I noticed there was a ride called "Missile Chaser" there. This is the new Scrambler, right? It looks like it is in the place where Air Racer used to be, but I didn't know for sure. Is that the only thing new for SFOT this year? Thanks. Also, I wonder if all of the SF park maps will have those characters on the side (Riddler, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc...)? Does anyone know what I mean? I have seen a SFFT and SFOT map, and I think they both have this on it. I know one of the Jeff's said that they have seen the new SFSTL map, did it have them on it? Just curious.

><> Raze Fan <><

Re: What is the Missile Chaser @ SFOT? by sparky sparky Profile at 4/13/00 11:39:32 PM

> I was looking at a 2000 map on a website and
> I noticed there was a ride called
> "Missile Chaser" there. This is
> the new Scrambler, right?

Yes sir- it's the "new" scrambler. Actually, Time Warner bought this scrambler at the auctioning of Boblo Island (defunct park between US and Canada near Detroit, MI). Time Warner also bought the Vekoma Nightmare coaster from Boblo and rechristend it as the Mayan Mindbender at SFAW in 1995.

As for the comics, all three Texas SF parks had the same exact two comics, and I believe I heard the other parks will also have the same exact comic. Ironic it shows Bugs and Elmer standing up on coasters, falling off of carousels,etc. Nothing like promoting safety, heh?!?

-sparky

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.