Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > ALL I GOTTA SAY ABOUT OHIO

ALL I GOTTA SAY ABOUT OHIO

Ancy4SOB

Posted:
4/13/00 at
11:15:47 PM

Allright, people may disagree with me, but lets lay down the fact that ohio rules! Look at what we have in the buckeye state this year. Millenium Force, SOB, and if that doesn't get you going, how about 4 new coasters at six flags ohio! Someone back me up, casue this year is a great year to live in oh

Re: ALL I GOTTA SAY ABOUT OHIO by swOHman at 4/13/00 11:25:31 PM

> Allright, people may disagree with me, but
> lets lay down the fact that ohio rules! Look
> at what we have in the buckeye state this
> year. Millenium Force, SOB, and if that
> doesn't get you going, how about 4 new
> coasters at six flags ohio! Someone back me
> up, casue this year is a great year to live
> in oh

This is a great year to live in Ohio. I cannot wait until I get to ride all these great coasters esp. SOB!!! Not to knock MF, but I am anticipating SOB so much more than MF or any other new coasters. I also anticipate taking a second trip to So Cal. this summer (right after URC@PKI). It will be my first trip to SFMM and possibly my second to KBF (I have yet to ride Ghostrider) and then I will have something to really compare Ohio to because I have only been to one park not in Ohio (KBF). I also hope I can go to other parks in other states as I get older and travel more (I esp. want to go to Virginia for PKD and BGW), but for now I will gladly settle to remain coastering in Ohio because it is in the elite class of coaster states IMO.

swOHman a.k.a. Brian (who can't sleep because of the anticipation of PKI in 17 hrs. 32mins.)

Re: Ca, Va yes, don't forget Fla by RobLec RobLec Profile at 4/13/00 11:37:43 PM

> I esp. want to go to Virginia
> for PKD and BGW), but for now I will gladly
> settle to remain coastering in Ohio because
> it is in the elite class of coaster states IMO.

Florida has some pretty good coasters too!

Re: ALL I GOTTA SAY ABOUT OHIO by Johnny Mnemonic at 4/13/00 11:54:33 PM

> in oh

Your right, I don't care what anyone says, Ohio is the place to be this year. And New England I suppose. Well, I live very far away so the URC event is the only time I'll be in Ohio this year. Fortunately, I have Stealth, Medusa, Perilous Plunge, Speed:the ride and Ghostrider to ease my pain!

Re: ALL I GOTTA SAY ABOUT OHIO by CoasterFanatic at 4/14/00 12:06:41 AM

> in oh

Well I have to agree but,

Ohio not only has the newest,biggest,tallest, and fastest of both wood and steel for 2000 dont forget the clasic coasters the state has that are very good.

Chuck

Re: Great coasters is an Ohio tradition! by MarathonRunner MarathonRunner Profile at 4/14/00 12:59:41 AM

> in oh

Ohio is just repeating what they have been doing. Let's face it, they came up with The Beast and The Magnum XL-200. Now they are simply doing it again on a whole new level. It's good to see the old Geauga Lake (now SFO) pushing Ohio ahead, too.

MarathonRunner

Anyone who would cut OHIO down is lying or just by OhioMike at 4/14/00 12:33:41 PM

Anyone that tries to prove to themselves that this state dont crop some of the best, "For its not that big of a state as a Califonia", heck you could fit 3 Ohios in Clali. So by size. And even not. It has to be the "with now SFO" the premier state, for coasters. Not in the country, IN THE WORLD!. But you will get your arguments. Because there are other great coasters, all over. But as far as a overallgreatness in a list of great coasters, vrs one great one. Thers no fight. Its Ohio hands down, espically now. With all the new ones. I mean Millennium Force= Fastes, Highest, Nearly inverted

Son Of Beast= Fastes tallest looping woodie

Batmans Knight Flight= longest tallest floorless

Supermans Ultimate Escape= first of its kind, i think

The Villan

Magnum XL-200= first 200 footer, and ranked still vary high

BEAST= Longest, and still one of the better rides

The Rest spek for themselves Raptor Mantis Outer Limits, Indoor Face Off Gemini Iron Dragon Vortex King Cobra Mean Steak Disater Transport Serial Thriller Rageing Wolf Bob Basics like The Blue STREAK 1926's Classic Big Dipper Corkscrew Double Loop Ceader Creek Mine Ride Top Gun Adventure Exspress Racer Mind Eraser All top nothch or notrius, or Classics And all the free fall rides

Re: Anyone who would cut OHIO down is lying or jus by Ohio Kid at 4/14/00 10:34:26 PM

I live in Ohio and im just saying sweet, but i live in Cleveland and I am 35 miniuts away from Six Flags Ohio and about 50 to an hour away from Americas Rollercoaster Cedar Point Opening the tallest coaster in the world and Batman Knight Flight at SFO is the only Floorless coaster in the MidWest.Ohio is the best place to come if you like coasters! Trust Me. I love Cedar Point and Gea-----SFO they are the best!