Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > SOB Update(My First Post)

SOB Update(My First Post)

TigerBeast

Posted:
4/13/00 at
9:56:43 PM

Since I work very close to PKI, for the last few months, I have watched construction of SOB progress during my lunch breaks at least 1-2 times per week. Today was nice here in Cincy, so I checked on construction again today. From the Kings HS side of the park, I could see much work still being done on the lift hill, and from what I saw, it appears they are near the top with metal platting to finish tracking the hill. Also, they appear to be prepping for installing the chain lift, I could see part of the massive chain along the side of the lower part of the hill. I could see many workers still working hard on other parts of the coaster as well.

So obviously, those of you concerned on whether it will be open tomorrow, unless we push the train up the hill (which I know many of us would be willing to try if PKI would let us), the train will not be tearing through its circuit yet.

This is my first post, but I have been viewing posts on this board for several weeks. I have really enjoyed the ACE members and PKI employees description of what they have been able to see of this coaster. No other coaster has ever made me this excited, except maybe when I was a youngster and first dragged onto (Papa) The Beast , and discovered my love for wooden coasters.

Tony, who can't wait for April 26th, and also hopes to be joining the URC PKI event on June 3rd.

Thanks Tony and welcome to URC by RobLec RobLec Profile at 4/13/00 10:13:22 PM

Thanks for your great post Tony ... I really enjoyed reading it. Certainly everyone here is happy to hear your first-hand observations on SOB's finishing touches, as we all wait for the opening of this much anticipated coaster. (I know it's always gratifying to see replies to one's posts). Again, great post.

You are building my excitement!! by swOHman at 4/13/00 10:31:58 PM

I will not be able to sleep tonight. I will be going tomorrow for opening night and I can't wait to see it. I also can't wait to ride all those great coasters again. BTW welcome to the board. I am fairly new here also, and let me tell you the people on this board are great (except the flamers which are very few and usually don't post more than once or twice). Eric is a great webmaster and he really has a great page going here. I hope you post here for a long time.

swOHman a.k.a. Brian (18hrs. 25 min. until PKI!!)

Welcome to the URC! by acer at 4/13/00 10:54:59 PM

Thanks for the up-date! I'm jealous that you work so close to my favorite park and have been able to watch Sonny grow. It must have taken a considerable effort to return to work, after such an exciting lunch break.

I am also very excited about Sonny and feel that he will do Papa Beast proud. Hopefully, we will get to meet at the URC/PKI Day.

acer

Re: SoB Update Welcome Tony by CoasterFanatic at 4/14/00 12:22:04 AM

> I will not be able to sleep tonight. I will
> be going tomorrow for opening night and I
> can't wait to see it. I also can't wait to
> ride all those great coasters again. BTW
> welcome to the board. I am fairly new here
> also, and let me tell you the people on this
> board are great (except the flamers which
> are very few and usually don't post more
> than once or twice). Eric is a great
> webmaster and he really has a great page
> going here. I hope you post here for a long
> time. swOHman a.k.a. Brian (18hrs. 25 min.
> until PKI!!)

Gosh Brian I thought my excitement was bad, LOL, I work in mason and have viewed construction since the last day of the season and took pics in late december and january and febuary.

I also have 4 rolls of film ready for tom and will be taking pics like mad!

Also I want to congradulate Brian on his site, he has rules here and flames are minimal.

Everyone has a opinion and is entiteld to it, and if sombody post somthing wrong, and I certainly have before, there is a correct way to right the wrong and not by cussing or flaming, like that other board even though there are some good people there, It just seems everyone wants to argue a point that somtimes both parties are WRONG!

I have some early construction pics on my pages and hope to have the new ones next week,as fast as the disc returns!

Coaster Fanatics Forum