Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > A Steel Phantom idea

A Steel Phantom idea

Raptor Timmy

Posted:
4/13/00 at
6:45:52 PM

I heard a rumor that not all of the Phantom may be leaving. I heard that the 225 ft drop might stay and be incorporated into a new hypercoaster from Arrow. All the loops will be removed and the coaster will be renamed and passed off as a new ride. This way the trains will not have to have horsecollars and it will be considerably more confortable riding. I also heard that Kennywood might add a small coaster with inversion such as a vekoma invertigo to appease loop fans. This is just a rumor, I am just posting this to get feedback on this scenario. I really have no idea what Kennywood will come up with.

Re: A Steel Phantom idea by bjal at 4/15/00 2:54:57 PM

> I heard a rumor that not all of the Phantom
> may be leaving. I heard that the 225 ft drop
> might stay and be incorporated into a new
> hypercoaster from Arrow. All the loops will
> be removed and the coaster will be renamed
> and passed off as a new ride. This way the
> trains will not have to have horsecollars
> and it will be considerably more confortable
> riding. I also heard that Kennywood might
> add a small coaster with inversion such as a
> vekoma invertigo to appease loop fans. This
> is just a rumor, I am just posting this to
> get feedback on this scenario. I really have
> no idea what Kennywood will come up with.

It sounds like a very good idea, but is highly unlikely. I don't think that even a traditional amusement park like Kennywood, could resist the urge to tear out something that's old for something new, when the opportunity comes knocking. they'd rather do that instead of revamping what's already there. Even if it were true, why would they keep the 225 ft drop? The high g-force curve at the bottom, is what people were complaining about. I doubt trains without horsecollars would tone down the strain. The idea of removing all of the loops and reconfiguring that area, also sounds really good, and I wish it could be done. Alas, Kennywood will most likely tear it all down for the sake of new attractions and increased revenue.