Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Help!! I am going to Dallas, TX

Help!! I am going to Dallas, TX

Ginger

Posted:
4/13/00 at
5:50:40 PM

I am going to Dallas in a couple of months and would like to know if they have any great rollercoasters or parks in that area. If you know of any please let me know. Thanks gingerlilys@aol.com

Re: Help!! I am going to Dallas, TX by bjal at 4/13/00 7:52:13 PM

> I am going to Dallas in a couple of months
> and would like to know if they have any
> great rollercoasters or parks in that area.
> If you know of any please let me know.
> Thanks gingerlilys@aol.com

Six Flags Over Texas, the very first Six Flags park, is located in Arlington, a few miles West of Dallas. It has ten roller coasters, and most of them are very good. The best one there, is the Texas Giant, one of the most popular wooden coasters in the world.

There's also another wooden coaster, the Judge Roy Scream. It's not a very big coaster, and doesn't have the speed or intensity of the Texas Giant, but it is a good family coaster, and is also very reridable.

A 217-foot tall LIM coaster called Mr. Freeze, launches you out of the station at 70 mph. An okay ride, but there's a lot of headbanging.

The Mine Train, one of the first roller coasters to feature a tubular steel track. It's a bit uncomfortable, and a little jerky, but that's to be expected from these types of rides. As far as theming goes, it's one of the better quality mine trains, and has a nice surprise ending. There's a Mini Mine Train coaster for little kids, located next door.

The park has a Vekoma boomerang coaster named Flashback, and it uses the uncomfortable old Arrow Trains.

This, like many other Six Flags locations, has a B&M inverted Batman coaster. This one has a purple and yellow paint scheme, but other than that, it's not different from the others.

There's also a very cool Schwarzkopf double-looping coaster named Shockwave, and it doesn't have shoulder restraints! Some pretty good airtime on this one, too.

La Vibora, a bobsled type coaster, has one of the longest waits in the park, and it isn't worth it. The ride goes pretty slow, and the seating arrangements are uncomfortable.

Runaway Mountain is an indoor coaster, and it's a pretty good one, but also a very short ride, because of the small area it's located in.

Six Flags Over Texas itself, is not a great park, or at least not by my standards, anyway. The walkways can be very confusing to navigate at times, some of them lead to dead ends, the service is poor, the guests are very rude, and it's pretty filthy in places. I guess that figures, since it is not only a Six Flags park, but the first. And stay on your guard, because this is one of the most likely parks for people to cut in line. The only reason to go, is for the roller coasters.

I hope this information has been helpful to you.

Re: Help!! I am going to Dallas, TX by johnny upsidown at 4/13/00 7:53:10 PM

> I am going to Dallas in a couple of months
> and would like to know if they have any
> great rollercoasters or parks in that area.
> If you know of any please let me know.
> Thanks gingerlilys@aol.com

The major park in the area is Six Flags Over Texas at Arlington. They have 10 coasters. Go to the 6flags web site and find out about the park. There are several water parks around the DFW area. Also hit the Malibu Grand Prix on I 35. They have the drag cars, bongee jump and several other fun rides. There is one kiddie coaster at Sandy Lake Park in north Dallas. Other wise have your web browser search for Dallas attractions. Good luck have fun. see ya upsidown