Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > What are Jeff Tolotti's top 5 favourite coasters?

What are Jeff Tolotti's top 5 favourite coasters?

ROXY HYPER 4 PCW2001

Posted:
4/13/00 at
5:46:55 PM

More to the point, what are Jeff Tolotti's #1 coasters in the following 5 catagories:

1) Favourite Wood 2) Favourite Steel Looper 3) Favourite Suspended 4) Favourite Inverted 5) Favourite Standup

Just curious to know what you consider to be the best Jeff.

Roxy

Lets see how well I know Jeff... by Danny Biggerstaff (CoAsTeRDaN) at 4/13/00 6:53:36 PM

> More to the point, what are Jeff Tolotti's
> #1 coasters in the following 5 catagories:
> 1) Favourite Wood 2) Favourite Steel Looper
> 3) Favourite Suspended 4) Favourite Inverted
> 5) Favourite Standup Just curious to know
> what you consider to be the best Jeff. Roxy

1. Wood = Knoebel's Twister 2. Steel Looper = Viper at SFoG 3. Suspended = PKI's Top Gun 4. Inverted = Fire Dragon at IOA 5. Standup = Iron Wolf at Six Flags Great America

How did I do SFaG?

Danny

CoAsTeRDaN's PaRk

Re: Lets see how well I know Jeff... by Jeff Tolotti at 4/13/00 7:45:11 PM

> 1. Wood = Knoebel's Twister 2. Steel Looper =
> Viper at SFoG 3. Suspended = PKI's Top Gun
> 4. Inverted = Fire Dragon at IOA 5. Standup
> = Iron Wolf at Six Flags Great America How
> did I do SFaG?

60% (you fail)

Steel standard looper = Kumba Suspended = BBW

For the rest of my rankings, see my track record page...

http://members.aol.com/sfogviper/mylist.html

Jeff

Comments and observations on your rankings...... by the thrill at 4/13/00 11:16:38 PM

I don't think anyone would dispute that BBW is the best suspended coaster. Anyway, totally agree about Kumba. I recently went back to BGT and it is still the best coaster out there IMO. Montu has slowed with the brakes but I prefer Kumba either way. Also, Gwazi is a great addition to this well rounded park. I have been to several parks and I feel there is no park out there that has a trio of coasters as good as these three(or four)Gwazi=2. With the rumored addition of a hypercoaster next year, this park will be in a class by itself. Thoughts???

Re: Comments and observations on your rankings.... by Jeff Tolotti at 4/14/00 12:23:43 AM

> I don't think anyone would dispute that BBW
> is the best suspended coaster.

I know several who prefer Ninja, and some who prefer Top Gun or Vortex. And I don't really know anyone who's ridden Hayabusa or Eagle's Fortress, nor do I know their layouts. ;)

> I have been to several parks
> and I feel there is no park out there that
> has a trio of coasters as good as these
> three(or four)Gwazi=2. With the rumored
> addition of a hypercoaster next year, this
> park will be in a class by itself.

Yeah, I can't really think of any other park quite like BGT. A few good coasters and *NOTHING* else ride-wise (and currently very little animal-wise due to the Serengeti refurbishment). I'm glad I got the Resident's pass for the rest of the year so I don't feel bad going to the park for a few hours and leaving. Not really my cup of tea. Gwazi's great with a short line, but it's usually so long and slow moving... and Kumba's so incredibly intense that I can only stomach a few rides at a time! Only ride I've been on to have that effect o me.

Jeff

Re: Lets see how well I know Jeff... by Flare at 4/14/00 12:54:07 AM

60% (you fail) Steel standard looper = Kumba
> Suspended = BBW For the rest of my
> rankings, see my track record page...
> http://members.aol.com/sfogviper/mylist.html
> Jeff

60 percent is the grade of D-. Not Fail. ;-) Close but no cigar.

Way to go DANNY!!! lmao

Dave

Re: Comments and observations on your rankings.... by MrDan at 4/14/00 1:03:46 AM

> Kumba's so incredibly intense that I can
> only stomach a few rides at a time! Only
> ride I've been on to have that effect o me.

Whoa! Really? I can't believe that! I rode Kumba about four times in 30 minutes last time I was there and didn't even feel it. The 15 rides on Scorpion later that day did me in a little bit though...

dan

Re: Comments and observations on your rankings.... by Jeff Tolotti at 4/14/00 1:19:28 AM

> Whoa! Really? I can't believe that! I rode Kumba
> about four times in 30 minutes last time I
> was there and didn't even feel it.

It's the transition from helix (mega +Gs) to brakes. I don't like that particular transition in the first place (would rather it did another small dip/turn or SOMETHING, I think it's a bit anticlimactic) but it really screws with my body, I guess.

Jeff

Re: Lets see how well I know Jeff... by Jeff Tolotti at 4/14/00 3:47:19 AM

> 60 percent is the grade of D-. Not Fail.

Not on my scale :P

(Notice on my track record which coasters fall into 60%... somewhere in here is where they start to "fail" for me. Hulk, for example, *definitely* fails on my scale!)

Jeff

Re: Comments and observations on your rankings.... by KMAN KMAN Profile at 4/14/00 9:33:29 AM

> Kumba's so incredibly intense that I can
> only stomach a few rides at a time! Only
> ride I've been on to have that effect o me.
> Jeff

________

If that's true then I am sold on going to ride Kumba soon. I've NEVER been on a coaster in 15 years now that I couldn't ride many times in a row. What happened to B&M? Why are so many of their after Kumba sit downs tame? --K

Anyone remember when 60% was still a D grade??... by OhioMike at 4/14/00 12:53:09 PM

I remember that, 100 to 90 A 80, 90 to 80 B, 80 TO 70 C AND 70 TO 60 D. It use to be that way in High School,When I went it was 64 passing. Gard of 1990. just makeing a point. Also I was woundering after seeing his list, has he ever road the Beast????

Re: Anyone remember when 60% was still a D grade?? by MrDan at 4/14/00 2:06:16 PM

> Also I was woundering after seeing his list,
> has he ever road the Beast????

Hey, he gave it much higher marks then I ever would've...

dan

Re: Lets see how well I know Jeff... by Danny Biggerstaff (CoAsTeRDaN) at 4/14/00 4:46:03 PM

> 60% (you fail) Steel standard looper = Kumba
> 60 percent is the grade of D-. Not Fail.
> ;-) Close but no cigar. Way to go DANNY!!!
> lmao Dave

WOO HOO ! Actually, sense I was the first and only one to take it, it should be graded on a curve. So therefore I have a perfect 100 % !

Danny

CoAsTeRDaN's PaRk

Re: Lets see how well I know Jeff... by Johnny Mnemonic at 4/14/00 6:48:31 PM

Not on my scale :P (Notice on my track record
> which coasters fall into 60%... somewhere in
> here is where they start to "fail"
> for me. Hulk, for example, *definitely*
> fails on my scale!) Jeff

Out of sheer silliness, I'll take a stab at what will be your favorites of 2000 based on what you've liked in the past.

Favorite Steel of 2000: SFNE Superman Favorite Wood of 2000: Tie: Lightning Racer and Boulder Dash

I think you'll hate everthing else LOL! Let's see how close I come.

about BGT.................... by the thrill at 4/14/00 9:40:45 PM

I was speaking only about the coasters and not about wait times or exhibits. They don't have many other rides. The river rapids is fun,though. As far as overall park experience, I would definitely rate other parks higher(namely IOA of course).After the park opens, I go straight to Montu for a few rides and then take the skyride to ride Kumba. Both are basically walk-ons for at least 8 rides each. I'm a opening-2pm parkgoer as I can't stand lines. I guess if I went to CP this would change(too many coasters to do).