Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Has anybody here been to AstroWorld?

Has anybody here been to AstroWorld?

Bob Shamen

Posted:
4/13/00 at
2:09:00 PM

A few weeks ago, I took my first trip to Six Flags AstroWorld in Houston Texas. I was wandering if anybody else on this board has been there, and if they have, what did they think of the coasters there? I liked all of them except for Serial Thriller, Batman the Escape, Mayan Mindbender, Serpent, and XLR-8.

Re: Has anybody here been to AstroWorld? by Ryan at 4/14/00 4:24:20 PM

There coasters are getting to old...need new ones...I want to know why you think serial thriler is a bad coaster...its the best and the newest...in 2001 they are getting 2 or 3 new coaster and more major attractions...I cant wait

Re: Has anybody here been to AstroWorld? by Bob Shamen at 4/14/00 7:27:02 PM

> There coasters are getting to old...need new
> ones...I want to know why you think serial
> thriler is a bad coaster...its the best and
> the newest...in 2001 they are getting 2 or 3
> new coaster and more major attractions...I
> cant wait

The reason I hate Serial Thriller, is because I hate all of the Vekoma inverted coasters. They are way too rough, and this one is no exception. None of them can hold a candle stick to the superior B&M designs, and it's sad that AstroWorld didn't get one. And second of all, just because a roller coaster is new, doesn't make it a great ride. Greezed Lightnin' and Texas Cyclone, both in their twenties, are 10 times the ride, Serial Thriller is. And I think that what you said about the park getting two or three new roller coasters, next year, is totally ignorant. After having blown sixteen million dollars on Serial Thriller and two new water attractions last year, there is a very, very, very small chance that they would recoop enough money for THREE roller coasters!!! They may build a new wooden coaster, and maybe get some new flat rides, but that's about it.

Re: Has anybody here been to AstroWorld? by Ryan at 4/16/00 1:27:48 PM

The reason I hate Serial Thriller, is because I
> hate all of the Vekoma inverted coasters.
> They are way too rough, and this one is no
> exception. None of them can hold a candle
> stick to the superior B&M designs, and it's
> sad that AstroWorld didn't get one. And
> second of all, just because a roller coaster
> is new, doesn't make it a great ride.
> Greezed Lightnin' and Texas Cyclone, both in
> their twenties, are 10 times the ride,
> Serial Thriller is. And I think that what
> you said about the park getting two or three
> new roller coasters, next year, is totally
> ignorant. After having blown sixteen million
> dollars on Serial Thriller and two new water
> attractions last year, there is a very,
> very, very small chance that they would
> recoop enough money for THREE roller
> coasters!!! They may build a new wooden
> coaster, and maybe get some new flat rides,
> but that's about it.

No..they saved there money for the 200 year the only thing they got new is just the wagon wheel and the astroneedle is desmantled..that means in 2001 there going to have money from 99 and 00..so in 2001 its going to be a great year with alot of replacments and things...but still of right now nobody knows whats going to happen

Re: Has anybody here been to AstroWorld? by Bob Shamen at 4/16/00 6:16:01 PM

> The reason I hate Serial Thriller, is
> because I No..they saved there money for
> the 200 year the only thing they got new is
> just the wagon wheel and the astroneedle is
> desmantled..that means in 2001 there going
> to have money from 99 and 00..so in 2001 its
> going to be a great year with alot of
> replacments and things...but still of right
> now nobody knows whats going to happen

Yes, you're right, they didn't do anything new for this year, and are saving money for next year. BUT...they won't have enough money for two or three roller coasters, like you had stated in a previous post. I don't know exactly what they'll do next year, but it's a very good possibility that they'll remove the XLR-8 for a new CCI wooden coaster, and the Batcave will be removed to make space for flat rides.