Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Can we stop all the lies?

Can we stop all the lies?

Nagashima

Posted:
4/12/00 at
10:06:09 PM

I know that I am new here but just one question.. Why would you post info on parks like CP and Premier that was totally false? I know this is impossible to stop but a-lot of people like myself like to filter through the BS and get real coaster info. I guess it is just annoying to read that some one like MIKE in the post about CP 2001 states he was in a meeting where they discussed the floorless hyper 11 inversion monster. CP is usually a one new coaster every other year shop so it holds very little weight. Also, back up your so-called info with a photo or REAL names of real people, if not, please stop wasting time and space on the board. I do not mean to start a war, I just started reading this message board and it's difficult to follow.

Re: Can we stop all the lies? by Beavis at 4/12/00 10:29:56 PM

Amen!

Re: Not to mention . . . by MarathonRunner MarathonRunner Profile at 4/13/00 1:21:23 AM

> I know that I am new here but just one
> question.. Why would you post info on parks
> like CP and Premier that was totally false?
> I know this is impossible to stop but a-lot
> of people like myself like to filter through
> the BS and get real coaster info. I guess it
> is just annoying to read that some one like
> MIKE in the post about CP 2001 states he was
> in a meeting where they discussed the
> floorless hyper 11 inversion monster. CP is
> usually a one new coaster every other year
> shop so it holds very little weight. Also,
> back up your so-called info with a photo or
> REAL names of real people, if not, please
> stop wasting time and space on the board. I
> do not mean to start a war, I just started
> reading this message board and it's
> difficult to follow.

At this point, I really am not extremely interested in 2001. Maybe this seems short-sighted, but I am still really pumped over Millenium Force, and I don't think that an eleven inversion floorless is going to excite me when this Intamin masterpiece totally has my attention.

Having a new coaster every other year seems more economically feasable (although I like to see a new one every year too). My guess is that in order to get the most out of a new monster coaster, you have to draw people who would normally stay home because they are getting bored of the same coasters and are ready for a new one. I think that MF will have at least two years of drawing people's interest.

MarathonRunner

Re: But my uncle's sister's cousin.... by CoastaPlaya at 4/13/00 9:17:21 AM

> difficult to follow.

...is the VICE PRESIDENT of CP!

Okay, of the bank down the street.

Well, would you believe manager of the Wendy's down the street? No? Okay, so he flips burgers after school. Guess you got me there.

....well, well, anyway....he was taking the garbage from one of the cans to the dumpster out back and the crumpled up blueprints that said CEDAR POINT'S BIG TOP SECRET fell out and there it was! I saw the plans too!! LOL!

Nagashima, let me tell you now that it will never, ever, ever stop. Not only will it never stop, people who are new to this board will excitedly post tired urban rumors and Thrillride's Whoppers of the Week despite the fact that Bob Coker laughs at the submissions himself (or tries not to). It's the price you pay when you're on the Web.

Usually, my response to such posts--if I've never seen their tagline before--is "Welcome to URC!". Then I politely let them know in the body of my post that they're kinda embarrasing themselves.

-CPlaya

Do you know Nicole Gorman? Shes a supervisor.think by MantisGerg at 4/13/00 11:58:07 AM

For the Cedar Point Employee

Whoa, now.... by CoastaPlaya at 4/13/00 12:23:51 PM

> For the Cedar Point Employee

...I wasn't speaking of the particular rumor Nagashima mentioned--just what happens on the board in general.

For goodness sake, please don't ever reveal your sources. You COULD be right, but what if your friend were to lose their job because you outed them on the Web? Wouldn't be worth winning an argument, that's for sure. Besides, if it turns out you're right you get to hog all the credit!

-CPlaya

Yes and no by Pantera Psycho at 4/13/00 5:13:32 PM

> difficult to follow.

I agree with you, but only to a certain extent. There are a lot of people who go out and say that, "This park will get this, that, and that for next year even though they got 50 million in rides this year, and that's the way it's gonna be!" And there are posts that have almost literally been that, and that's ridiculious, if you had been here long you would've had to put up with it a lot before the CP '99 season (talking about there definately being a new big coaster for '99) and put up with it pretty much late '98 through middle/late '99 for SFMM (first off being so sure of themselves that the new coaster would open in '99 and also about the size of it being around the park, 30 something hills and 14000 feet of track (and yes there was a post that said that)), people were just so sure of themselves and 99% of them were wrong, that kind of stuff is not what needs to be said, but rather rumors, on the other hand, are fine, as long as the person says that it's just a rumor (no matter how strong they say it is), rumors are fine and fun to speculate about as long as no one gets too serious about it and no one decides that they wanna be a jerk and totally trash the rumor and ruin the fun. Really though, rumors are a big part of this board, they make more fun and such, it's just the know it alls who can ruin that aspect.