Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Important: PLEASE READ!

Important: PLEASE READ!

BrianG

Posted:
4/12/00 at
8:25:42 PM

I was just wondering have any of you riden a Huss Top Spin and what effects did it have on it. Because the new one at SFDL has fog and strobe lights, do all Huss Top Spin's have this and does this make the ride more intresting?

Unofficial Guide to SFDL

Re: Top Spin by Michael at 4/12/00 9:45:44 PM

> I was just wondering have any of you riden a
> Huss Top Spin and what effects did it have
> on it. Because the new one at SFDL has fog
> and strobe lights, do all Huss Top Spin's
> have this and does this make the ride more
> intresting?

The Texas Twister at SFO is one of my favorites. It doesn't have effects like fog and strobe lights, but still one of the more thrilling spin and spews out there. Wait until you experience the continuous flip (five or six complete revolutions in a row).

Michael

Re: Top Spin by Cal at 4/13/00 5:58:59 AM

The Texas Twister at SFO is one of my favorites.
> It doesn't have effects like fog and strobe
> lights, but still one of the more thrilling
> spin and spews out there. Wait until you
> experience the continuous flip (five or six
> complete revolutions in a row). Michael

Texas Twister is one of the better operated Top Spins in the US - some are on very lame programs. There are two in England (Rameses Revenge at Chessington and Ripsaw at Alton Towers) which spin riders over a line of fountains. It's possible to stay dry on Rameses by choosing outside seats, but on Ripsaw everyone gets soaked! The best Topspins are at the German fairs, where they are generally operated on manual settings by very skilled ride ops. I once saw a guy flip a Top Spin 12 times in a row - glad I wasn't riding it at the time though!

Cal