Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Question for Johnny Mnemonic. Re: STEALTH

Question for Johnny Mnemonic. Re: STEALTH

ROXY ROLLER

Posted:
4/12/00 at
6:05:36 PM

Hey there Johnny,

Since you're, like, the only guy who seems to have ridden STEALTH, I'd like to ask you a question about the ride.

As much as I have wanted a laydown or "flying" coaster for the longest time, now that its hear I have some serious concerns about the way the human head is allowed to dangle when in the flying position under the track. Does your head dangle? And if it does, does it get snapped this way and that way as you go through the horshoe elements and other "flying" elements?

My concern is not headbanging as much as it is neck strain and injury to vertibrae in the neck and shoulder region.

Any info you could share in this department would be greatly appreciated,

Thanx Johnny,

Roxy

Re: Question for Johnny Mnemonic. Re: STEALTH by Johnny Mnemonic at 4/12/00 6:51:46 PM

> Hey there Johnny, Since you're, like, the
> only guy who seems to have ridden STEALTH,
> I'd like to ask you a question about the
> ride. As much as I have wanted a laydown or
> "flying" coaster for the longest
> time, now that its hear I have some serious
> concerns about the way the human head is
> allowed to dangle when in the flying
> position under the track. Does your head
> dangle? And if it does, does it get snapped
> this way and that way as you go through the
> horshoe elements and other
> "flying" elements? My concern is
> not headbanging as much as it is neck strain
> and injury to vertibrae in the neck and
> shoulder region. Any info you could share
> in this department would be greatly
> appreciated, Thanx Johnny, Roxy

Acually, I think Bruce Jensen is a little more qualified to speak on Stealth, he's ridden it many more times than I. But to answer your question: Surprisingly, your head does not hang at all, and because of the G's this thing pulls, your neck won't move much at all. There are rumors that PGA is not completely happy with the Stealth trains and restraints for some reason, but I think Vekoma has done a great job with them. I wasn't uncomfortable at all during the entire ride, the restraints are snug and safe, yet very comfortable. A word of warning though! Stealth is by far the most disorienting coaster I have ridden so far. I completely understand now why it's not taller, faster or longer. In the vertical loop and the corkscrews the G's are so overpowering, you feel as though your body might come apart. And to think people complained that Stealth doesn't run on the outside of the corkscrews! Ride it, and you'll understand. But you will love it Roxy, it's now my favorite *inverted*(wink-wink)coaster!

Johnny

Thank You MUCHLY!!!! Very helpful. :-) (nm) by ROXY HYPER 4 PCW2001 at 4/12/00 7:40:26 PM

Acually, I think Bruce Jensen is a little more
> qualified to speak on Stealth, he's ridden
> it many more times than I. But to answer
> your question: Surprisingly, your head does
> not hang at all, and because of the G's this
> thing pulls, your neck won't move much at
> all. There are rumors that PGA is not
> completely happy with the Stealth trains and
> restraints for some reason, but I think
> Vekoma has done a great job with them. I
> wasn't uncomfortable at all during the
> entire ride, the restraints are snug and
> safe, yet very comfortable. A word of
> warning though! Stealth is by far the most
> disorienting coaster I have ridden so far. I
> completely understand now why it's not
> taller, faster or longer. In the vertical
> loop and the corkscrews the G's are so
> overpowering, you feel as though your body
> might come apart. And to think people
> complained that Stealth doesn't run on the
> outside of the corkscrews! Ride it, and
> you'll understand. But you will love it
> Roxy, it's now my favorite
> *inverted*(wink-wink)coaster! Johnny

Re: Thank You MUCHLY!!!! Very helpful. :-) (nm) by Jim Mcintyre at 4/12/00 10:37:07 PM

HI Roxy

To answer some of your questions about Stealth, The maximum amount of G's pulled by Stealth is 4.3(pos) 2.5(neg.). Although the spokesman for Vekoma that was at the Stealth media day said the maximum Amount of Gs pulled was only 3.5. As for your head and back (imo) it's no worse than ridding top gun. The restraints are VERY comfortable I would compare them to the restraints used on a hand glider. I hope this helps you.

Jim McIntyre