Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Can someone explain what a trick-track is???

Can someone explain what a trick-track is???

Rainman979

Posted:
4/12/00 at
4:43:10 PM

I saw the post below on boulder dash and went to the site. I took a look at the trick-track pic, but really couldn't get what it does. I've never seen or heard of one. Can someone explain??

Thanks

Rainman979 {Scorcher Fanatic}

Trick Track by EBL at 4/12/00 5:14:42 PM

Trick Track is usually sort of a zig-zagging and/or tipping left and right stretch of track.

Eric

Re: It's a very sadistic element!! by Jim Disney at 4/12/00 8:56:39 PM

> I saw the post below on boulder dash and
> went to the site. I took a look at the
> trick-track pic, but really couldn't get
> what it does. I've never seen or heard of
> one. Can someone explain?? Thanks
> Rainman979 {Scorcher Fanatic}

Hehehehe, I love it. I can't believe they included a "trick track" section. I love it... these are truly sadistic things! If anyone's ever experienced lateral airtime, they'll know what these things can do. The one on Boulder Dash doesn't look as mean as...say the sections on the Rivere Beach Lightning. But it should be rather interesting to see how people slam to the right all the sudden when they're not expecting it! Unlike the old cyclone coasters, where you could see the trick track sections as you flew into them... this coaster looks hidden pretty well. I think this will be a truly surprise section of track. CCI engineers are geniuses!!

JD

The Southern California Coaster Club

Re: Trick Track by Michael at 4/12/00 9:51:12 PM

> Trick Track is usually sort of a zig-zagging
> and/or tipping left and right stretch of
> track. Eric

SFO's Villain has a section of trick track right after the second hill. It'll tip you to the right. And that second hill is not a small one either!

Michael

SFO: A Refreshing Look

Re: Can someone explain what a trick-track is??? by rocketmover at 4/13/00 8:38:20 AM

> I saw the post below on boulder dash and
> went to the site. I took a look at the
> trick-track pic, but really couldn't get
> what it does. I've never seen or heard of
> one. Can someone explain?? Thanks
> Rainman979 {Scorcher Fanatic}

It is a straight section of track on which first one side and then the other raises up a bit, throwing the train from one side to the other. I think they were Traver inventions in the 20's or 30's and none existed anymore until Shivering Timbers opened. Looks like CCI is now including them in a number of rides.