Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Mirage and Black Widow returning to SFO

Mirage and Black Widow returning to SFO

ray p.

Posted:
4/12/00 at
2:37:26 PM

The official Six Flags Ohio site appears to have been updated with the complete ride list for 2000. The RoadRunner Express now has a logo and specs (as expected, it is a Zierer coaster, 1,120-some feet long with 1, 20-car train), and as far as flat rides go, the Rotor is missing in action. The Black Widow is listed on the site, as is the Eldorado (Mirage- I assume it will undergo a rehab/retheming). And finally, the park's Matterhorn ride will once again be renamed, this time, it's called the Hay Baler (I assume it will be similar to SFGAm's). Thunder Alley Speedway is also listed...... I believe this will be a new track as the old one was demolished to make way for Superman Ultimate Escape.

I do have to ask though..... who comes up with the ride descriptions? I mean- for the Hay Baler, we get to "spin, spin, and spin again". Some genius I'm sure gets paid lots of money to come up with something as brilliant as that. If I was a first time guest looking to see what kind of ride it as, I would never know what the heck the Hay Baler was from that description!

ray p.

Re: This is good news by Raptor Timmy at 4/13/00 6:32:25 PM

> The official Six Flags Ohio site appears to
> have been updated with the complete ride
> list for 2000. The RoadRunner Express now
> has a logo and specs (as expected, it is a
> Zierer coaster, 1,120-some feet long with 1,
> 20-car train), and as far as flat rides go,
> the Rotor is missing in action. The Black
> Widow is listed on the site, as is the
> Eldorado (Mirage- I assume it will undergo a
> rehab/retheming). And finally, the park's
> Matterhorn ride will once again be renamed,
> this time, it's called the Hay Baler (I
> assume it will be similar to SFGAm's).
> Thunder Alley Speedway is also listed......
> I believe this will be a new track as the
> old one was demolished to make way for
> Superman Ultimate Escape. I do have to ask
> though..... who comes up with the ride
> descriptions? I mean- for the Hay Baler, we
> get to "spin, spin, and spin
> again". Some genius I'm sure gets paid
> lots of money to come up with something as
> brilliant as that. If I was a first time
> guest looking to see what kind of ride it
> as, I would never know what the heck the Hay
> Baler was from that description! ray p.

I love the Mirage! I missed it last year as it was done for the season when I went. Was kind of hoping for sme new flat rides like Frisbee or Evolution that no Ohio park yet has.