Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Inverted Coasters

Inverted Coasters

MONTUMAN 1

Posted:
4/12/00 at
2:30:22 PM

Over the past two years of park hopping I have been riding as many B&M Inverted coaster as I could find. This past week I finally had the chance to ride Alpengeist. I sat in the back on the right side. I was so excited. Finally I was riding the so called Greatest Inverted coaster. Went I got back to the station, I realized its not number one. Past the first drop and though the immelan the thing just didn't do it for me. I was so disappointed. Luckily Apollo's Chariot is their and that takes away the sadness. Well anyways I have ridden five out of six of the great B&M inverts. I rank them as follows. 1.Montu 2.Fire Dragon 3.Ice Dragon 4.Alpengiest 5.Batman I plan to go ride Raptor in 2001 as part of my first trip cedar point. I encourage everyone on the board who has ridden these five great machines to rank them as they like them.

Re: Inverted Coasters by Capler at 4/12/00 3:32:34 PM

> Over the past two years of park hopping I
> have been riding as many B&M Inverted
> coaster as I could find. This past week I
> finally had the chance to ride Alpengeist. I
> sat in the back on the right side. I was so
> excited. Finally I was riding the so called
> Greatest Inverted coaster. Went I got back
> to the station, I realized its not number
> one. Past the first drop and though the
> immelan the thing just didn't do it for me.
> I was so disappointed. Luckily Apollo's
> Chariot is their and that takes away the
> sadness. Well anyways I have ridden five out
> of six of the great B&M inverts. I rank them
> as follows. 1.Montu 2.Fire Dragon 3.Ice
> Dragon 4.Alpengiest 5.Batman I plan to go
> ride Raptor in 2001 as part of my first trip
> cedar point. I encourage everyone on the
> board who has ridden these five great
> machines to rank them as they like them.

You should also try Top Gun at Carowinds. At this point I feel it delivers a better ride than Alpengiest. It has better pacing, a batwing, (mist filled), like Montu, and no brakes. The brakes on Alp are a real ride killer.